Ch. 17: Meeting the Elite Ten

Akio's PoV
I woke up from my nap and got ready quickly, putting my uniform on. I look through my phone and see notifications about seeing Yukihira's shokugeki but it was from one of the Elite Ten members. As I look up at the window and notice that it is Autumn.

'Oh, it's that time of the year!' I thought to myself, excitedly.

I quickly run out of the building and into a car to go to the location Yukihira is at.

A few minutes have gone by and I enter the building the shokugeki is happening. As I walk in, I notice quickly where the Elite Ten were at. I went up to the second floor and quietly sneaked in, well attempted to.

"Ya~ Akio-Chan!~" Rindo-Senpai said, in her usual happy tone but it wasn't too loud to grab other people's attention.

"Are you gonna watch with us?" She smirks as if she was enjoying what's happening now and what's coming up.

I looked at her before smirking back at her and crossed my arms. "Of course, why would I be here, if I didn't want to watch?"

Rindo-senpai laughs under her hand. The other Elite Ten members look at us before looking back at the shokugeki.

Time passes and Yukihira wins this shokugeki. I'm not surprised since he was with Shinomiya-senpai. Well, I don't think anyone part of the Elite Ten was surprised but instead they all smirk or smiled or just had their usual straight face. They were enjoying a new challenge or more like, they were going to enjoy a new toy.

Third PoV

"Autumn-Leaf viewing?" Yukihira asks, in the Polar Star Dormitory.

"With the Elite Ten?!" Tadokoro asked in a shock.

"Exactly! The current Totsuki Elite Ten members and all of you first years who made it through the main tournament of the selection are invited." Isshiki answers.

"So then, why's it called 'Autumn-Leaf Viewing'?" Yukihira looks at the paper of the Autumn-Leaf viewing.

"Uh, um, that means... that like in the training camp and Stagiaire, if we mess up... we'll be expelled..?" Tadokoro panics and waved her arms around.

Isshiki smiles, "That won't happen, Tadokoro-Chan!"

He becomes more dramatic as the background changes to orange, yellow, and red leaves from the maple trees as they slow fall to the ground when the wind blows gently.

"This notice comes from the academy's director. The goal of this event is to let you meet your upperclassmen and form stronger ties together with them. All while elegantly watching the maple leaves.. Okay?!"

"W-we're actually watching maple leaves. But I wonder if I'll be able to talk properly with all those senpais I have never met before." Tadokoro looks at her hands as she puts them together.

"You'll be just fine!" Isshiki assures her.

"We get to meet.. the Elite Ten." Yukihira looks at Tadokoro with a scary expression.

"S-S-Soma-kun?! Ain't you thinkin' about something really bad?!" Tadokoro asks, taken by surprised and her accent showing.

"Nah, I was thinking one of those senpais might have a shokugeki with me." Yukihira replies.

"You really were?! You can't do that!" Tadokoro tells him.

"I'm just going to try asking. It probably won't get dangerous."

"I can see it, I can see how it'll get dangerous as plain as day!"

"There are six people above Isshiki-senpai, too." Yukihira laughs lightly.