Ch. 33: The Deal

"To Asahi Saiba's Palace." Suzuki, or now, Asahi said.

'Oh, what am I going to do?? I literally got kidnapped. Shoot! Wait? Saiba? The one that Yukihira said was like his brother? So then, Suzuki is actually name Asahi Saiba, and possible the love child of Saiba-senpai, but right now, he is playing the role of a sensei. Wait.. First, I need to know where I am. Are these all Noirs? I remember the old man would tell Erina nee-chan and I stories about them, like they do kidnapping and intimidation. They do very bad things .... Oh... I'm in trouble, right?' Akio thought as he looks around.

He looks at the ground, seeing dangerous stuff, like chains, handcuffs, syringes, etc. Looking at these made Akio panic.

'I'm going to die!' Akio thought as he struggles to get out of the ropes.

"There's no need to fret, prince. I did not bring you here to harm you." Asahi says.

"Really?" Akio looks at Asahi with a scared look.

"Yeah. I'd like you to know a few things about me. After that, there's something I'd like to tell you. Talking here just makes things easier. Besides, if I didn't show you this hideout, I doubt you'd have believed me. Oh, by the way. This is the guy that kidnapped you. Good work," Asahi points at the guy behind him.

The man had messy hair and wore circular glasses. He looked like a natural messy guy.

"Your wish is my command, Asahi-kun!" The man replies.

'Can't believe they just admitted they kidnapped me..' Akio thought with fear.

"Now, then. Let's get down to brass tacks." Asahi looks at Akio. "I challenge you to a cooking contest. If I win, you must swear to become my wife(husband)."

"Cooking... contest?" Akio repeats.

"Yeah, well... At first, I thought I'd just win you over head-on, but... I was far more of a novice at love than I expected. I figured taking you on in cooking would be way quicker."

Akio takes a deep breath before speaking. "May I ask you something? How did you manage to infiltrate Totsuki as an instructor?"

"I have the means to falsify my background and achievemnts. A little, at least."

"Why me?"

"What?"

"Why does it have to be me? Erina nee-chan could've been a much better person to be with. I mean, she has the Divine Tongue, while I have nothing, so why me?"

"Hmm... That is true, but I've heard of you and from my perspective, you seem like a lonely individual, left in the dark. I want to brighten that world for you, to make my food, your happiness." Asahi replies.

"Yeah.. I don't know about that since you just kidnapped me..." Akio comments to himself. "One last question, what's your reason for the Noir chefs to carry out those Shokugekis?"

"Ah. I was testing you, prince."

"Testing me?"

"Yes. Akio Nakiri, a genius chef. The Shadow Seat of Totsuki. I was testing if you were really the person the rumors made you out to be. You wonderfully observed the situation at hand, and your response was swift and appropriate. I'd expect less from the woman I've chosen."

"But, the people I sent out at that time were the worst of the Noirs." The glasses man said.

"No need to make your test too hard, no? Besides, if I had sent out the better members, they'd have easily racked up a body count. I held back! Out of kidness."