Ch. 18: Moon Festival (Part1)

Third PoV

"Oh?" Yukihira sees Akio and Erina together.

"Yo! Hey there, Nakiri's."

"Ugh..! Yukihira-kun.." Erina was surprised by the sudden voice.

"Yukihira?" Akio looks at Yukihira.

"What a coincidence, what class were you guys in?"

'Wh-why must he interrupt our conversation about the festival..' Erina thought.

"Kyah, it's both Erina-sama and Akio-sama."

"They're chatting with Yukihira-kun..."

Some students were talking about the three.

"By the way, Nakiri, are you setting up a booth too?" Yukihira asks Erina.

"You mean for the academy festival? Of course we will." Erina looks at him a with a blank face.

"The Elite Ten members' refreshment booths are the main features which attracts customers every year. Every single member has been steadily preparing for it... that includes me and-" Erina was about to say Akio's name but stopped and just said herself. Akio looks at Erina and then at Yukihira.

But Yukihira not noticing just talked. "Hmm, is that so?.. Okay, that's great. I guess Kuga-senpai's decided on what kind of booth he's going to set up."

"...? It can't be.. you are-"

"Yeah, I'm also participating in the festival. If I beat Kuga-senpai's booth in sales.. he may accept my challenge! I don't mean to brag, but I got great reactions at my neighborhood's summer festival!" Yukihira looks up proudly.

Akio and Erina look at each other before looking at Yukihira.

"My booth'll end  up competing with you too, so let's both give our best. See ya, Nakiri, Akio!" Yukihira waves at them and leaves.

'He's challenging Kuga-san's booth.. huh. Does he truly understand what the academy festival really is..?' Erina thought as she put her hand under her chin with a smirk.

'Yukihira is challenging Kuga-senpai's booth. Things are getting interesting, although I already knew this would happen.' Akio smirks.

-A few days later-
The last day for booth submissions.

"Don't screw with us!! You're telling us to give up this space!? The Don R.S. uses that spot every year!"

"... say it in front of me, Konishi." Ikumi says.

"That's none of my business.. that's the best place to display my repulsive chaotic cooking..." Nao Sadatsuka says with her dark aura around her.

"Oh, I see... then why don't we settle things with a shokugeki..?" Ikumi looks at her angrily.

"I'm perfectly fine with that..!" Sadatsuka says smiling.

"Careful, Nikumi! You might get cursed!" Konishi was worried.

"Ah, is this the Administration Bureau? We have another shokugeki for some booth's placing! Please make arrangements for it." Some woman said, talking through a walkie-talkie.

"Excuse me... could you let me pass, Mito Ikumi-san?"

"Huuuh!?"

Ikumi turns around and sees Erina standing there with her arms crossed.

"WAAAAH!! Erina-sama! I-I-I'm sorry..!" Ikumi said her face pink.

"Hm! Nao Sadatsuka! Get 50M away from Erina-sama ---"