Ch. 5: Day 1 of Hell

Third PoV

The students and Akio was assigned with Hinako Inui. Akio was super excited.

"I'll want everyone in pairs." Inui said.

Everyone was getting into pairs. Akio looking around not knowing what to do, went to Inui.

"Um.. Inui-senpai? There seems to be an odd number of students, so can I work by myself..?" Akio ask.

Inui quietly stares at Akio. Akio seem to look innocent and cute in Inui's eyes.

"Yeah!" Inui said happily.

Akio brightens up, and tilt his head as he smiles, "Thank you, Inui-Senpai!"

Inui smiles back.

"Okay everyone! I'll be sitting here, so if you have any questions about today's assignment, feel free to ask." Inui announced as she sat down opening a bag.

"Umm.. Chef Inui? You haven't told us about the assignment." One of the students said.

"Oh. Then, I must explain! My assignment is.. Use the ingredients you can find here to make any Japanese cuisine main dish!"

"Here...? But there are no ingredients anywhe-"

"But they are there. The splendorous nature, the clear stream goes by is a wonderful treasury of ingredients. The area that contains this building has been Totsuki Academy's private land since ancient times, and it's surrounded by a fence. If you go past that fence you're immediately disqualified. You must gather ingredients inside this limited area and cook them.. If you can make a dish that can satisfy me you pass! This room has seasonings, oil, and cookware. You can also freely use the tools like fishing rods that are inside the storehouse. The time limit is two hours. Well then, ready, set, go." Inui announced.

There was a short pause. Akio quietly sneaks away.

"It started now!?"

"She needs to speak louder!!"

"We only have two hours!"

"Let's go!"

Everyone was in a rush. Akio grabs a bucket, fishing rod, and a knife. Akio leaves out the door.

"Should I make sushi..?" Akio ask himself as he walks to the river far away from everyone else.

"Nah.. There's not enough ingredients here. I should get a fish then find other things." Akio said as he fills the bucket with water and used the fishing rod.

Quietly humming, Akio waits. It seemed like the fish was attracted to the tune but it was just Akio waiting patiently and was being calm and not loud like other students. Feeling a tug from the rod, Akio pulls it out.

"Time for you to be trapped in a bucket.~" Akio says to the fish. Getting up and walking to some place else.

"Now, what to make?~" Akio smiles as he thinks what to make. Akio sees a chicken.

"Oh! Do you have any eggs? If not can you please become food?" Akio tilts his head to the chicken. The chicken jumps up and runs away.

"OI! Get back!" Akio runs after it. When Akio followed the chicken, the chicken was in a nest with eggs under it.

"Oh? You're protecting the eggs from me? I could take both..? Alright. It's settled then. I'll take the eggs." Akio said as he walks up to the chicken.

As Akio walks up to the chicken, the chicken attacks Akio. Akio stops and puts his hands down to his sides. A shadow cast over his eyes. Akio looks up at the chicken.