Ch. 21: A New Nightmare

That very same night...

Erina wakes up from a nightmare and sits up. She thinks to herself deeply.

'Hisako is gone now. I have no one other than Akio and Father...'

"Erina. Erina!" A muffled-like voice is heard.

Erina looks at her balcony and see Alice struggling to get over the railing.

"Alice!?" Erina was shocked.

"Ryo-kun, just a bit higher!"

"Osu.."

"Don't you dare look up!"

"Osu.."

Erina walks out the door and out the balcony, "What's the matter, Alice?"

When Alice finally got over the railing and onto the balcony, she puts her hands on her hips, "Erina, what're you waiting for? We're getting you out of here!"

"What?"

"Erina-sama!"

"Hisako?!"

.

.

.

The four were running through the woods, far from the Nakiri Manor. When they thought they were far enough, they stopped to breathe.

"We should be safe from pursuit for now." Alice said.

"Alice.. Why did you do this?" Erina was breathing heavily from the running.

"Miss Secretary was walking around looking like she was ready to give up on life, so I talked to her... So I learned that Uncle Azami was trying to pull the same thing he did to you before." Alice explained.

Erina was a bit shocked at Alice's words.

"I know what Uncle Azami did. Father and Mother told me."

"My father told me, too." Hisako said looking at Erina.

"I sent you and Akio so many letters. But you both never replied back!" Alice looked like she was close to tears.

"Th-That's..."

"I know. So I'm not going to let Uncle Azami get his way this time." Alice turns around facing forwards and looking pumped up.

"Run away! In situations like these, normal boys and girls run away from home!"

"Run away..? And oppose Father and leave Akio?" Erina gave a sad look.

"Don't be a wuss! And about Akio...." Alice looks a little sadden.

"What?" Erina gave a more concerned look.

"Akio texted me not too long ago, like a little right after Miss Secretary told me about you situation."

"What did he say?" Erina asked, worried about Akio.

"He told me to help you run away.." Alice took out her phone and showed it to Erina.

Alice. Please help Erina nee-chan leave this place. Hide her and make her be safe. I'm begging you!
-Akio

"I also asked Akio about him but he.."

It's fine. Leave me here. Father is a handful but I'll be okay, just take Erina and leave.

"Is what he texted." Alice sighed.

"But.."

"Erina! Akio knows what he's doing, he's not that stupid, we all know that. So stop being a wuss! Show your Father that you have a backbone, Erina!"