Ch. 38: The Ending of a Beautiful Beginning

In the Polar Star Dorm, there was a party for Soma who placed 2nd place in BLUE.

"SHIIIIT~!! Dad! I... need to train harder. Even though I worked so hard to take it all at BLUE in the end I couldn't win it... That means I'm still not capable of being the shop owner yet...! If I'm going to get strong enough to carry on Yukihira someday, I need to improve! So I can inherit it and make you bow down!" Soma shouts.

"No, I've already recongized you plenty. I mean, go ahead and take over already. He didn't hear a word I said." Saiba says as he looks at Soma.

Meanwhile at the Nakiri household.

Akio was smiling as he was crying. Mana and Erina was comforting Akio. There was Azami and he kind of (awkwardly) comforted Akio.

A few months passed but during those months, Mana told Anne to do some research. It was about Azami and Asahi. Akio was there to know about it and was surprised to know that Asahi was related to them. They kept this a secret from Erina until the time was right for them to tell Erina.

Akio would visit the Polar Star Dormintory to see Soma. Eventually, they started dated as 2nd years of Totsuki. Akio even told his family about it. Although they were hesitant about it first, they accepted it. Erina was the one that had a grudge towards Soma much longer than Azami and Mana because she didn't want her younger brother to be taken.

How the two started dating went like this:
The two of them is sitting on Soma's bed in the Polar Star Dormintory. They were discussing about food recipes at first but then there was silence after. So, Soma speaks first to break the silence.

"Akio, remember what I said at the BLUE tournament."

"Yeah."

"Well, I won against Asahi but I didn't win against Erina and didn't get 1st place so...."

"Pfft!"

"Eh?"

"Soma, I had something to say also."

"Wh-What is it...?"

Akio sits closer to Soma and looks directly at Soma's eyes.

"...."
"...."

Akio blushes while Soma lightly blushes.

"Soma, marry me, please!"
"Akio, go out with me!"

The both of them said at the same time. Akio jumps up from the bed and sits on the floor, hiding his face in the bed. Soma's face turns red as he hides his face using his forearm. The both of them stayed in silence.

"Hahhh...." Akio sighs.

That was when Soma starts to chuckle and soon after, laughed.

"Hahaha! Akio... I thought it was dating and then marriage."

"Y-You're right! Uhm... Yes."

"Is that a yes to me asking you?"

"Yes... Will you also marry me after dating?"

"Sure. But let's date first!"

"Okay, i-is it okay, to uhmm... k-kis.." Akio blushes as his chin sits on the bed. "Kiss... you?"

"C'mere."

Akio climbs on the bed and sits next to Soma. They're both very awkward but, they gave each other their first kiss. It wasn't a long kiss but they were both happy.

And that was how they started dating. Since a lot of people were starting know about it too, they've gotten used to the two following one another. Akio would follow Soma around, helping Soma with cooking while Soma would follow Akio around, shopping or eating at japanese shops. Then.. One day, as their time as 2nd years was ending... Akio and Soma went somewhere abroad together. It was for Soma but Akio followed since they both also wanted to spend some time together.