Ch. 22: Central Makes a Move

After hearing that Yukihira and Eizan did a Shokugeki to take down the Polar Star Dormitory or not, made everyone want a shokugeki to fight for their own clubs and such.

Several days laters...

In a room, Azami was talking to Isshiki.

"Satoshi Isshiki, Seventh Seat of the Elite Ten. Today, you will step down from the Totsuki Elite Ten Council, along with the Third Seat, Tosuke Megishima, and the Eighth Seat, Terunori Kuga."

"This happened faster than I thought it would."

"You are calmer than I thought you'd be."

"I was more than expecting it. Someone who does not ascribe to Central's teachings, like me, in the Elite Ten would only be a hindrance, wouldn't it?"

"It's helpful that you require little explanation. The other Elite Ten members are in agreement, as well. Well, Rindou Kobayashi was the lone protest."

"You aren't forcing Erina Nakiri, your daughter, to step down?"

"She will eventually return to my side. Even if Akio is with me, I am certain that she will join me in my cause. Well, thanks to you, we're going to be very busy."

"With Shokugeki?"

"That's right. You worked behind the scenes, reaching out to relevant parties to lay the groundwork for these new rules we must now follow. We must allow organizations who wish to overturn our closure directive to face my pride and joy, the soldiers of Central."
.
.
.
In another room, there were 11 people.

"'Rule Concerning Shokugeki Involving Organizations Opposing the Azami Organization, also known as the Isshiki Rules.' Who names stuff after himself? That's kind of annoying."Momo glares at the paper that she had read out loud to everyone.

"Still, because Isshiki clarified that Central cannot contact judges, the legitimacy of their ruling has been established. Of course, I was against rigged matches in the first place." Nene said as she looks over at Eizan.

Eizan looked away and clicked his tongue.

"There's a clause requiring Central to accept any Shokugeki challenges that involves overturning the organization's closure, too. Isshiki's pretty thorough." Rindou said smiling.

"It's also annoying that this forces us to face subpar opponents. I was first place in overall sales at the Moon Festival. They should just have Central win by default every time." Momo said as she stretches her stuffed cat, Bucchi.

"You'll just have to accept this, Momo-senpai." Nene said to her.

"And Rindou-senpai, please wear the Central badge. You too, Akio-san."

"Really? But that looks like it'll always get in the way." Rindou pouts as she's on the floor with her legs to her chest.

"Don't "really" me, please."

"But, but..."

"Don't "but, but" me, please."

"Okay... the rest of you should put your badges on, too, before Nene gets mad at you."

"No need to tell me twice." A different student said.

"Nene-senpai..." Akio spoke up.

"What?" She looked over at Akio.

"I forgot mine. So I won't have to wear it right?" Akio said, looking at Nene with a serious look and his eyes still dull.

Nene sighed, "Fine. Next time you have to wear it."