Ch. 15: The Autumn Selection

Third PoV

A month has passed and the Autumn Selection begins. Everyone had a determined face on. The students that were competing would be in a building. As it starts to crowd in the building, the lights were turned off and spot lights were on a stage.

"We'd like to thank all of our attendees for waiting. Please pay attention to the stage in the front of the hall. We'll have some opening words from the Academy's Director." Someone announced.

Senzaemon Nakiri starts walking to the middle of the stage with a big aura, giving most students chills. Just when Senzaemon got onto the stage, he took a deep breathe. But he breathed in so much that he was coughing a lot.

"When I breathe in this place's atmoshpere, I can feel my heart and body being surrounded by vitality. This venue is also known as 'Chandra's Room'... By and large, it is only used for shokugeki 'Between members of the Elite Ten'! To honor all of the people who have been in possession of the first seat.. It's our tradition to hand their portraits here." As Senzaemon said that, the lights were on portraits of the past first seats.

"Many great matches and many specialties were born here.. For that very reason, they linger here like sediment. The continuous memories of battle! And the Autumn Election's 'Main Tournament' will be held here. In short, only the students who can pass through the preliminaries... will be able to stand on this stage! Ladies and Gentlemen, you will make history here!! Let us meet again in this place-- cooks of Totsuki Academy's 92nd generation!!" After that, everyone was cheering.

"We will now explain the rules of the preliminaries. The basic regulations are as written in the letters sent to you: the theme is 'Curry Dishes.' You may use the ingredients inside the venue.. or you may use any ingredients you brought with you. The time limit is three hours... And, regarding the number of passing students, out of the 60 participants, the number of students that will advance to the main tournament is a total of eight. In other words, four students will pass from each group." After hearing only eight students out of sixty will advance made most students scared.

"We ask that all participants promptly proceed to either Hall A or B at this time. In about an hour from now... At 11:00, the preliminaries will start." This was when the students rushed out to their section.

(Now this is when the author get bored and lazy, so we're skipping almost everything to when Yukihira, Hayama, and Kurokiba are starting to cook)

7:10 P.M.
Chandra's Room

This time the dish had to include Pacific Saury.

"From now until the time for cooking comes... It'll be setup time. We ask the contestants to bring in their ingredients and cooking tools."

Hayama and Kurokiba both took out their Pacific Saury Fish. Both were shining. Lastly, Yukihira took out a Pacific Saury Fish. It wasn't shiny like the other two.

Akio was standing next to Erina. Looking at what is happening, he sees Isshiki.

"It would seem everything is ready. I will proceed to introduce our three judges. As you are aware, the structure of Totsuki Academy is broken up into many different divisions, with the Nakiri family's leader as its head. Each division had its own links with the academy and assists with the academy's management.. The custom is that the head of those divisions take turn to be the judges for the finals. The head judge is the Academy's Director, Senzaemon Nakiri-dono. As the head of the Tourism Division, we have Gin Dojima-senpai. And one more person... Let me introduce to you the Research Division's Head, Leaonora Nakiri!" Isshiki announced.

"wah.. Sh-she's so pretty..!"

"Her skin's so white.."

"Maybe she's from Northern Europe... She's very beautiful."