Chapter 2

Alice's POV:

I woke to the smell of breakfast being cooked. I looked around and remembered what happened. I met my mates. All of five of them to be exact. Part of me was excited, but the majority of me was terrified. Will they reject me because I'm a half breed? That will be my breaking point if they did.

I got out of bed and went downstairs. Cindy stood in a pink silk robe in front of the stove flipping a pancake. Her strawberry blonde hair was in a messy bun on top of her face and her water colored eyes sparkled brightly, "Good morning Alice." I gave her a soft smile, "Good morning Cindy." "Today it's just gonna be you and I for the most part, the guys all went off to work," she told me. I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, "Oh okay."

We sat down across from each other with our food, "So the guys kind of wanted me to be the one to try and get you to open up and stuff, but I told them it was best to just give you time. They're pushy and demanding though. It sucks sometimes being stuck in a house full of Alphas. Tell you what though, we will start off small." I nodded and took a drink of my milk, "How small do you want to start?" She smiled brightly, "What's your favorite color? Mines pink." "Its turquoise," I replied honestly. She smiled and clapped her hands together excitedly, "Yay, this is so much fun. Okay, what's your favorite food? I love shrimp both fried and cocktail. " "A steak done medium rare," I answered next.

It went on like that for a while until we did get to some heavier things. "Highest level of education," Cindy asked me next. "I have a bachelor's in accounting." "Um, high school diploma," I told her, slightly nervous. "If you could go to college, would you like to," Cindy asked her curiously. "I have never thought about it before," I confessed. After I graduated it was nothing but survival for me. "That's okay. How do you feel about having so many mates? When I first found out, I was so confused and it took me two years before I accepted them all," Cindy confessed to her. I nodded, "I would say it's strange, but it feels normal. I have no ill thoughts or anything."

That seemed to make her even happier, "Yay. I wanted to let you know, that I don't care if you're a hybrid. I want to get to know you." Tears burned my eyes and began to fall after she said those words. I never knew how much I just wished one person wouldn't care about what I was. I covered my face with my hands, trying to stop the onslaught of tears and emotions. I didn't know she had gotten up before I felt myself being pulled to her. She caressed my hair and hummed a soothing tune as I cried.

After I was calmed down she handed me some tissues. "No one has ever accepted you before have they," she whispered softly, her voice filled with sadness. I shook my head as I sniffled. She gave me a sad smile then took my hand, "Let's go watch TV." She laid on the couch and pulled me down so I was cuddling with her. She ran her hand through my hair as we watched TV.

We must've laid there for hours before Drake came home. I gave him a small smile and he returned it before bending down to give Cindy a kiss. "How was work," she asked him. "Stressful, but it's better now that I'm home," he told her while loosening his tie. "What do you do," I asked him curiously. "I own a coorporation that makes sex toys," he answered and I felt my cheeks become warm as a blush took over. He chuckled softly, "They enjoy it when I bring home protoypes to test on them." My face felt even hotter and I tucked it into the couch as they chuckled.

"Have you lovely ladies had lunch yet?" He asked once he stopped laughing. "No, we only had breakfast." Cindy replied, continuing to run her hand through my hair. "Then go get dressed and we'll go get something to eat," He told us. I made my way to the room and changed into a pair of dark skinny jeans with holes in the knees, and a red tank top. I threw on a my leather jacket and combat boots before leaving the room. Cindy was still getting changed so I just sat in the living room. "Have you had the chance to see if you've had any job requests," Drake asked me. I shook my head, "I haven't really done anything productive today if you haven't noticed." He gestured with his head for me to follow him. He took me to what smelled to be his office and gestured to the computer. I logged into my email and saw three requests, all of them paying a heavy amount for once. I read them over and saw all three had involvement with demons. Of course.