Chapter 78

Alice's POV

I woke to the sound of magic breaking the lock on the door of the bunker. "Alice," Cindy whispered as I flashed some clothes on to my body. "Stay here," I whispered to her. "Are you crazy," She whispered yelled. "You're pregnant!" I didn't have the chance to say anything as the door of the bedroom was blasted to pieces, the sound loud and waking the twins. Two people stepped into the room, sporting the Aniavin crest on their chests. "Where are the males," The male of the pair asked. "None of your damn business," I told them, throwing a spell at them, that blasted them out of the bedroom. "Alice we need to get out of here," Cindy told me. "I'm gonna bet the guards that were outside were killed Cindy. And who knows how many of these people are out there in case these two, fail to do what they need to. I'm not risking taking the twins or you through that possible scenario." 

I wanted to mind link our mates, but they're on the battlefield, and from the sounds of explosions coming from above, they're in the middle of battle once more. We were flying solo, and although I was confident in my skills, I wasn't liking these odds. I was pregnant and Cindy's skills in combat were mediocre since I couldn't continue with her training after the whole demon issue due to her being pregnant. 

They came back in. The woman had a set of twin blades, the man a single broad sword. I needed long distance, keep their blades away from my stomach. Fuck, I thought. Suddenly arrows were flying and I looked at Cindy who had a magical cross bow in her hands, "Get the hell away from my mate." The arrows hit the man in his leg, causing him to drop. The woman leaped at Cindy, but Cindy teleported out of the way. I need iron. My magic didn't let me summon iron due to the fact iron nullifies most magic. I then looked at my mate who uses wish magic. 

"Hey Cindy," I called out as I slammed the heel of my boot into the guy's head as he was getting up. "Yeah," She said as she shot another arrow, missing the woman. "I wish I had a weighted iron net to capture our assailants," I told her. Her eyes lit up, and she clapped her hands together, and a weighted iron net appeared, slamming into the two of them. 

"You made a wish," Cindy said excitedly. Like all genies, we have to be specific with our wishes, and so my mates and I made it a rule to not use the words 'I wish' around her. It annoyed her that we don't make wishes because she wants to give us what we want, but simply having her is enough for us. "I can't make iron," I told her. "I'm sorry if it used too much of your magic though." She then threw her arms around me, "Are you okay?" "I'm fine," I told her. She then held me out at arms length, "How much magic did that blast use up, are you okay?" "My magic is fine," I told her. 

She then looked at the two who were trying to get out of the net, "What do we do with them?" "I'm not in the mood to torture them right now," I said with a sigh. "And the net will keep my spells from working. Do you have enough magic for another wish?" Her eyes lit up again, "Yeah." "I wish these two would sleep until one of our mates came to the bunker to take them out of the bunker," I told her. She clapped her hands together again and they fell asleep instantly. 

"Why didn't we just do that from the beginning," Cindy asked me. "Because I wanted them captured securely first, and I wouldn't know if the net would be secure if they were already asleep," I told her. We then dragged them to the living room of the bunker. "You know, you could have wished them to sleep until one of our mates went to their cell to question them so we could have had the guards take them away." I shook my head, "They're gonna stay here. Again, we don't know how many more are out there. Someone could break them out of their cells before the war is over." 

Cindy began checking them, taking out anything she found. I opened their mouths and used a flashlight. "What are you doing," She asked, face filled with disgust. "Checking for suicide implants in their teeth," I told her. Her eyes widened, "Do you think they would really use them?" I nodded, "If it meant keeping their countries motives safe? They'll do just about anything." I removed the capsules and tossed them in the trash. I turned to face her, and a wave of dizziness slammed into me like a truck. Cindy caught me as I stumbled. 

She sat me on the couch before running to the wall to punch the button on the wall to call for a medic. "Alice, look at me honey," She said while cupping my cheeks. "Just keep looking at me till the doctor gets here." Her voice sounded like it was fading away. What was happening to me? 

Cindy's POV

I was trying to not panic. "Alice," I pleaded. "Stay with me." A healer came rushing in, "What happened?" They began to examine Alice as she lost consciousness, and I told them everything that happened. "Her mind couldn't handle the stress of everything that's going on," The healer explained to me. "From the war, the worry for your mates, to the safety of your young ones, to this attack, her brain was over loaded and after the adrenaline left, it shut down, trying to rest and reset itself. I need to move her to the infirmary to make sure none of the children are distressed as well," The explained to me. I nodded and moved away. More medics came and took her away and I dropped to my knees, hands covering my face as I began to cry. 

Goddess, give us strength, I pleaded. I wiped my eyes and stood when guards came in. The chemicals in her brain are what jumbled up her usually clear thinking, I thought as I went to the twins. We were all under so much stress. I looked up when another explosion rocked the bunker. I needed them. Alice needed them right now beside her bed. I wiped my eyes again when the twins began to cry. I fed them then looked around the bunker. The bunker wasn't really safe anymore with the door messed up and our sleeping assailants on the floor in the living area. I needed to take the twins somewhere safe, but I couldn't leave the castle because I needed to stay close to Alice. 

Alice's mom then came running in, "Cindy, are you okay?" "I thought you were on the battlefield with the other witches," I said as I hugged her. "I decided to stay in the castle to keep it safe. I had some trouble with Aniavin spies or I would've been here sooner. I saw the medics with Alice," She told me. "She wasn't able to handle the stress of everything going on," I told her. "Our attackers pushed her over the edge." I wiped the away the tears that keep falling, "What do I do?" 

"I'm gonna have my mother take the twins somewhere safe, and you go sit with Alice," She told me. I nodded, that sounded like a good idea. Grams then came in, and we gathered the twins up. Once the twins were gone, I rushed to by Alice's side. Goddess, give us strength to get through this.