Chapter 5

Nathaniel's POV:

Today was my day with Alice. I decided it would be good if I went hunting while she went for a run in her wolf form. Even in wolf form she was breath taking. Solid white fur with green and purple eyes. She seemed to let her wolf take control entirely to let her enjoy this. We raced in the wood happily. Many or the woodland critters scurried away from us as we ran. I got to the lake first but she tackled me. We rolled till I was on my back. I laughed and buried my hands into her soft fur, "Clearly someone isn't a fan of losing." She gave me a playful glare and I smiled. I began running my hands through her fur and she rest her head on my chest, purring.

She gave my cheek a gentle lick before letting Alice have control mentally once more. Her eyes widened at our position, causing her purring to pause. I stopped moving my hands, in case she wanted to get up. Instead she seemed to settle and relax. I smiled softly and began running my hands through her fur again. I couldn't wait to be mated to her so we could mind link. The first taste of her blood was just as addictive as our other mates and I wanted more, but if I bit her, it would bind her to me and I didn't want that to happen until she was ready.

My phone began to ring Shelton's ring tone. I dug it out of my back pocket with one hand while continuing to pet her with the other hand. "How are you both doing, you've been gone for three hours," he said when I answered. "Three hours, really," I asked as I moved the phone away to look at the time. "I didn't realize how long it had been," I confessed. I lost myself in the peace with her. I've taken Pyrus running with me, but he mostly wanted to use it as a chance for one on one sex. Not that I mind at all, it was nice to just lay and enjoy the peace.

He chuckled softly before becoming serious, "Our parents some how found out we had met our last mate and decided to uh, drop by unannounced to meet her." My heart stopped. The parents already didn't approve of our mating, things could go very badly very fast.

Alice was no longer relaxed. She was tense and her fur stood up. She looked at me scared and nervous. "We'll be home soon," I said then hung up. "I'll take you to your room before they see you, so you can shift and change in peace."

She nodded and we ran back. I climbed up to her window and opened it before going back down and picking her up. Once in her room I kissed the top of her head and left the room.

I went downstairs and saw my mother sitting in the living room next to my father, both looking displeased. My mother graced me with a smile and went to hug me, but stopped when she got a good whiff of Alice's scent on me. That smile dropped but before she could say anything Alice was in the room. She looked beautiful in her red sun dress, red ballet flats, with a red head band holding back her hair. She stood proud and tall, yet I knew she was scared.

"This is our mate, Alice," Shelton introduced while wrapping an arm around her waist. Alice leaned into him for support while giving everyone a smile, "Its nice to meet you." Unfortunately, none of the parents seemed to approve.

"You gave up your seat for this half wit mongrel," Shelton's father, Johnson roared. I bared my fangs and went to speak but my mother chose to open her mouth, "Seriously son, bad enough she is werewolf, but a hybrid wolf? How pathetic could you be? Haven't you heard that if you lay down with dogs you get fleas?" Next up on the word assualt train was Cindy's mother Crystal, "How could you disgrace our family like this? Our crown? You stupid child."

Next to add in their two scents was Drake's father, "Because of you, our blood line will end, all because you wanted to be selfish. Fucking pathetic."

Last to say anything was Pyrus' mother, "You had a long list of noble women begging for you, yet you choose these pitiful no bodies. You were better off rolling around in sewage instead of with this filth."

Many of us were holding back our anger, and our tears, at what our parents had said. I wanted to scream, to hit something. "Leave," Alice told them. Our parents directed their attention to her. My mother hissed, "What right do you have to tell us to leave?" Alice didn't say anything as she unleashed the full force of her magical pressure. Unable to hold themselves up, our parents collapsed, weighed down by the strength of her magic.

Magical pressure was how witches and other magic wielding beings could tell who was stronger. "Dont come back," she said. They then disappeared. Suddenly. We heard our mothers scream from outside. We went to the windows to see she had put them in the fountain.

We went to turn to look at her, but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. Where did she go?

Alice's POV:

I sat in a dark corner of my room, bawling. It was because of me their parents said such hateful things. "Alice!" I heard Drake call out. I couldn't help but cry harder. It's all my fault. I heard the door open softly before strong arms picked me up. From the leather scent, I knew it was Drake. "Its all my fault," I told him. He down with me in his lap. I looked around the livingroom and saw Shelton holding Cindy while Nathaniel was helping calm down Pyrus' anger.

"Its not your fault," Drake whispered in my ear. "B-But-" I said as more tears began to fall. "Shhhhh," he said. "None if it is your fault. From the beginning they didn't like that we chose to mate instead of marrying the noblemen and women they chose for us." I sniffled and wiped my eyes.

Cindy crawled from Shelton's lap over to me and cupped my face, "Its not your fault honey, and none of us blame you." She rested her forehead against mine, her eyes closed. She whispered something in a language I couldn't understand. Pyrus and Nathaniel moved so we were all on the couch together until it was late.

I hated the idea of sleeping alone tonight, not after something like that. Shelton must've sensed it because he pulled me in for a hug, "Our door is opened if you want to join us tonight." He then kissed the top of my head before going into their room.

I went into mine and changed. I looked at my lonely bed, then decided I refused to let them miss me and I them. I stood outside of their door hesitant at first before taking a leap and opened it. They had left enough space between Pyrus and Cindy. I crawled into bed and felt at peace as sleep took me.