Chapter 69

Pyrus's POV

I sat on the examination table, waiting for them to get done looking at the xrays on my knee. I didn't tell my mates that I would be coming here today. I didn't want them to worry unless there was an actual need too. I had become concerned due my knee constantly hurting to the point even slight pressure on my leg would make me want to cry out in pain.

The doctor came in and he didn't have the best expression on his face. "We're going to have to do another surgery. As you know, there was no saving the knee cap after you were shot, and although you don't need the knee cap to be able to bend your leg, it does help cushion the knee itself when you bend it. Now that the knee itself is healed and we are able to see it properly, with out the bits of shattered bone everywhere, we can see now that you have a severe knee joint fracture with neurovascular damage. If Princess Alice isn't able to repair your knee with a spell, then we are going to need to amputate it before it gets to bad. For now I recommend you wear a brace and use crutches to keep weight off of it."

Amputation? My heart just dropped. I know it's not the end of the world, but when you're told you may have to have part of your leg removed permanently from your body, it just doesn't sit right. I know Alice will do whatever she can, but I don't want her to use black magic to repair it. I took the doctor's advice and put a brace on and used the crutches back to our room. I sat on the couch my legs stretched out.

I heard the door open and Shelton came in with Qin. "Pyrus, what's wrong," Qin asked, eyes instantly filled with concer. "I went to see the doctor about my knee today," I told them, my voice sounding so cold. "Now that the bone is healed and all of the bone shards weren't in the way to mess with the xray, they found I have severe knee joint fracture with neurovascular damage. The doctor said that if Alice can't find a spell to fix my knee, then they're gonna have to amputate." Repeating it just made it worse. I felt my eyes burn at the idea. I know you can do so much with a prosthetic, but this was my leg.

"I had spoken to Alice the other day about it and she told me, she hasn't been able to find a spell that works on living things yet that doesn't involve black magic. And the only spells she was able to find was that it would transfer it over to the one who casted the spell, or one that allowed her to swap with the one who caused the injury." "Which can't be done because I ensured he had no knees," Qin said as he looked at my knee in guilt. "Alice has already spent so many months trying to find a spell," I told them.

I saw the sadness in Shelton's eyes. He kissed the top of my head, "We're going to figure out the best thing to do. For now, we need to inform everyone." I nodded in agreement. Qin sat next to me on the couch and laced his fingers with mine. He brought my hand to his lips, "It's going to be okay." I knew he was right, but I just didn't feel like it would be 

When everyone was here we told them of the news. Cindy looked at Alice, "Is there anything else besides black magic that can be done?" It was Qin who replied instead, "Have you looked into Demonic magic?" Alice's eyes then lit up, "That's it." She kissed Qin, "You're a genius. I need to go see Serge and Karen." She grabbed her purse and was gone in a flash. "Demonic magic," I asked Qin. "The rules and balances are much different. Serge and Karen are both Realm Demons while I was known, as what we now call, Curse Demon. They're demons by natural birth and due to the fact they aren't from this realm, the rules of black and white don't apply to them," he replied. "Alice can't perform demonic magic, but maybe she could talk one of them to do it." We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Alice's POV

I felt so damned stupid for forgetting about Demonic Magic. I appeared at Serge's cabin and saw Karen watering the flowers. "Well isn't this a pleasant surprise," she said with a smile before she hugged me. "What brings you here without your mates?" I then told her about a lot of the things that have been going on regarding the rebels and the injury Pyrus received.

"If I don't figure out something to do, then he is going to have his leg amputated," I said by the end of my long explanation. "I looked into white magic and black magic, but none of that is a solution. Then Qin asked if I looked into Demonic magic, which I hadn't. So that is why I'm here. Is there any way to either reverse what was done or fix it?"

"Come in side child, let's discuss this with Serge," She told me before taking me inside. Serge was sitting at his eisel painting. He turned and smiled when he saw me. He gave me a hug, "What brings you here kiddo?" I then told him of the on goings at the castle and about Pyrus.

"So is there anything that can be done," I asked them, feeling hopeful. "A Demonic contract," Serge told me. "Anyone can make a contract with others, no matter their species. The reason why it's called a Demonic contract is because of the parchment it's written on is soaked in Demonic Magic. Usually Demons use it when someone summons them for a favor. However, you could use it easily and not worry about him ever breaking it because he is your mate." "How will it fix his knee," I asked him curiously. "When you make the contract you will state that he must do something and as he continues to do so, his knee will be healed," Karen explained to me. "How you know the contract goes in to place, you'll both receive a mark on your body  and his knee will repair itself."

"Are there any consequences," I asked them. They shook their heads. "Demonic magic isn't like magic here. The rules of consequences don't apply," Serge reminded me. I nodded, "Okay." "I'm going to go get what you need," Karen said and then she was gone. I then looked around, "So where are Ingrid, Andrew, and the triplets?" "They're upstairs taking a nap while the triplets take a nap," he answered. "So how are the twins?" "They're growing every day," I told him with a smile. "And soon you'll have six more to add to the chaos," he said with a chuckle. "And since you and your mates are immortal, you aren't capped on the amount of children you have."

"We could make our own army," I joked. I then looked at him, "Speaking of immortals, are you and Karen going to try now that the curse is broken and balance is restored?" He nodded, "When she is in season we will be trying for another child." Demons have very small windows of opportunity to become pregnant so they have to wait until that time. "Do you know is Cecil have mated," I asked him.

He nodded, "Two of his mates rejected him. The other one remained undecided, while Felicity went through with the mating." My heart hurt for Cecil, but at least he had someone who loved him. "Felicity was the siren right," I asked him. He nodded, "Yeah. They're currently expecting a son any day now."

I smiled and nodded,"That's good to hear." We talked for a while until Andrew and Ingrid came down with the triplets. We talked and caught up while waiting for Karen to return. When she did she handed me a red paper and a quill with gold ink. "Mix your blood in the ink," she instructed. I used a claw to cut the palm of my hand to do so. "Then use the ink to write out your contract. When you get home with it, you must have him sign it in his blood."

I nodded and easily knew what to put down. After that I was ready to go home with the good news. "You guys are welcome to visit the castle any time," I told them as I bid them farewell. I then teleported back to the castle. They weren't in the room so I followed the bond to the media room.

"I did it," I told them excitedly. "How," Pyrus asked me. "A Demonic contract," I told him. "What makes it a Demonic Contract is the materials used, but anyone can make it," I explained to him. "The best part? No consequences." I then waved the rolled up red paper, "So Mr. Vin, how do you feel about being bound to me for eternity?" He smiled brightly, "Where do I sign Mrs. Vin." I handed him the contract, "Just sign in blood and we have a deal."

Pyrus unrolled it and read it out loud, "I, Pyrus Vin, swear to Alice Vin, to forever love and cherish her. In return, his body will be forever healed from any new and old injuries." He smiled and held out his hand to Nathaniel, "Care to assist me?" Nathaniel bit his thumb and Pyrus used it to sign the contract. The contract then shimmered and disappeared and I felt a slight burn along my spine as the mark settled in. Pyrus then laid back as he moaned in relief, "Goddess my knee feels great."

Cindy squealed happily, "Go get checked out to see if it worked." She kept pestering him and he laughed, "Okay." He left and we all waited. After an hour or so he came back and hugged me tightly, "Its like it never happened. Thank you my Phoenix." "You're welcome my Flame," I told him. He then kissed me as our mates cheered happily, the twins adding in their own gibberish. One problem has been resolved. Now we just need to deal with the other ninety nine.