Chapter 44

Nathaniel's POV

I walked the castle, happy Pyrus and Drake were now able to finish recovering in our room. Alice and Cindy were constantly by their sides while Shelton was out trying to calm things down with the media since word about the attack had gotten out. Qin on the other hand has been doing a lot of spying with his plant magic, trying to find out who the traitor was.

I found him in the court yard meditating. His arm was heavily bandaged, the sling on the ground next to him. Snow covered most of the ground, except where he was sitting meaning he used his fire magic to clear and dry the spot. I admired his very built physique. He was barely taller than Cindy, when she's not wearing her heels but he doesn't seem to mind. His ginger hair now fell to his shoulders. One of the few warlock customs he did plan to keep was that he let his hair grow out and only cut it if he lost a fight. It was a tradition mostly followed by the warriors since many lords and even his father had short hair when I had seen them.

"I can feel you watching me," he said before opening his eyes. "You should be resting," I told him. He stood while grabbing the sling, "I've done enough resting. I want to find the bastards that did this." The anger and pain in his voice cut deep. "I was hoping to go into the new year laughing and smiling, not having to recover from bullets." I wrapped my arms around him, "We all were." He sighed and wrapped his good arm around me, resting his forehead on my chest. "I just want us to have one month where nothing major is going wrong. Is that too much to ask for," he asked then sniffled. I kissed the top of his head, "No it's not." "It sure seems like it," he muttered. I cupped his face and made him look a me. I wiped his tears away, "We will get through this like we've gotten through everything else." I then kissed him softly.

We pulled away and he sighed softly, "I hope so." I took his hand, "Let's go inside where its warmer." Wanting to be a little selfish I took him to the library to just be alone with him for a little while longer. We sat on the couch by the fireplace, his back against my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and enjoyed his comfort. "When is the last time you fed," He asked me. "Two days ago," I told him. "Nathaniel," he said in a stern voice. It was cute. "You need to feed," He told me.

I smirked and began to kiss on his neck, "Are you offering?" He moaned softly and tilted his head so I had better access, "Always." I bit into his neck as one of me hands made it into his pants. I groaned softly when I found that he was already rock hard. I closed the wound when I felt satisfied, "Thank you my love." I continued to stroke his cock, enjoying the small moans that came out of his mouth. Sex wasn't much of an option, but I knew other ways to pleasure him. I slipped from behind him, so that I was now kneeling on the floor in front of him, undoing his pants. His cheeks were now crimson, "Nathaniel we're in the library." I smirked, "No one is around, it's just us." I freed his cock and licked the small droplet of precum, which caused him to moan, easily giving in.

I began to tease and play with his cock until he was begging me to just take it. When I took it into my mouth I met his eyes the entire time. His eyes would occasionally flutter close due to the pleasure I gave him. Hearing my name on his lips as a whispered moan made my own cock strain in my pants. When he came I swallowed his seed greedily. I tucked him back into his pants and he gave me that cute boy next door smile. I kissed his lips, wishing I could do so much more with him, but with his injury I was gonna have to wait. That was okay though, I'm a patient man.

When I pulled away I sat back down and pulled him into my lap. "You should let me help you with your problem," He told me. I kissed his cheek, "You're injured love. It's okay." "Its just my shoulder," He told me. "That had a bullet go through it," I reminded him. "If it was a simple scratch then okay, but you ended up having a literal hole torn into your shoulder. I dont want to take any chances." He huffed and pouted like a child, upset he wasn't getting what he wanted. It was adorable.

We sat like that for a while till he went to go meet with the healer since he was supposed to have daily check ups on it to see how the healing was going. As he was leaving Cindy was coming in, looking tired. "What's wrong beautiful," I asked her. "Being pregnant really takes it out of me," she told me. "I've already had a nap once today and it's like my energy is already zapped." I laid down and she laid down with me. "Growing two little beings isn't very easy," she mumbled. I kissed her forehead, "If it was easy then we men would be able to do it." She giggled then, "Could you imagine what Pyrus would be like pregnant?" The thought made me laugh. That hot head would burn the entire castle down in a matter of minutes if he were pregnant and having to deal with the raging hormones.

She smiled softly, "I can't wait for Alice to be pregnant. She would be so cute." Her smile dropped, "Unfortunately though she took more of that stuff though, despite Pyrus telling her not too." "Why did she," I asked her. "Because her heat was so close and three of her mates were still recovering. It would be too exhausting if it was just you, Shelton, and I having to help her get through it. So I understand why she did it," She explained to me. I nodded, seeing Alice's point. Since she had so many mates and she took that stuff to begin with, she would need most of us on top of our game to help her get through it and suffer as little as possible.

"So what were you and Qin talking about when I came in," she asked curiously. "He was frustrated I wasn't going to let him help me with my hard on," I told her. She giggled softly, before yawning. I kissed her forehead again, "Take a nap Cindy, I'll be right here." She nodded as her eyes began to drift close, "I love you." "I love you too," I told her.

She was then out like a light and I smiled at her. Her mood swings have calmed down lately and she hasn't really been snapping at anyone. For the most part she's been wanting to cuddle with one of us. It was cute and I prayed it lasted for a while.