Chapter 49

For two weeks anytime workers tried to start working at the sight to build, rebels attacked them. Getting tired of it, I warded the entire area so only those with our permission can enter. During those two weeks I had been planning the gender reveal party. All of my mates were excited and I couldn't wait. All of their parents and friends were going to be there. Even my own friends have come to celebrate.

Cindy squealed and hugged me, "It all looks so beautiful Alice." She gave me a kiss on the cheek, "You out did yourself." When guests began to arrive it was nice seeing a great blend. I saw my grandmother talking with Serge who both were smiling and laughing. Something told me they were talking about me and I dont think I want to know what they were saying. Arms wrapped around my waist. "You did an amazing job," Nathaniel whispered in my ear. I smiled softly as he rested his chin on my shoulder. These small moments with him I've missed. With everything that's been going on they've been few and far between. Unfortunately the tension is back but it's not as thick. That was partially due to anytime Cindy, Qin, or I walk past them they pounce on us for a quickie. Those quickies always left us with wanting more though. 

Our small moment of peace was interrupted when Pyrus came over, throwing his arm across Nathaniel's shoulders. "You better not keep her all to yourself," Pyrus teased him. Nathaniel smirked at him, "And if I run off with her?" Pyrus smirked again, "I don't mind as long as I get to tag along." Our fun in the bathroom a couple weeks ago replayed in my mind and I really needed to get some space before they truly did run off with me. Soon the baker Cindy and I met arrived with the gender reveal cupcakes. They were vanilla with pink and blue swirl frosting on top. One tray said baby number one and on the other it said baby number two. Inside will be colored frosting revealing the gender. Cindy squealed in delight as she grabbed a cupcake from the second tray. Shelton, Pyrus, Drake, and Nathaniel grabbed a cupcake from the first tray while Qin and I got one from the second tray. We were supposed to take a bite out of them, but Pyrus and Nathaniel had other ideas as they smashed their cup cakes in Drake's face smearing pink icing on his face. Shelton laughed, "Congrats, the first is a little girl." Everyone was laughing as Drake wiped it from his eyes. I then broke mine open and swiped the blue frosting on the tip of Cindy's nose since I wasn't going to smash it into her face. Cindy laughed before biting into her cupcake. Drake then broke his cupcake in half before smashing it in Pyrus and Nathaniel's faces. 

I then snuck up on Shelton and smashed what was left of mine in his face. I stepped back to laugh but didn't realize Qin was behind me. He wrapped an arm around my waist and smashed his into my face. I gasped out of shock. Before he could let me go, Shelton smashed his into Qin's face. Now we were all covered in cupcake. Pyrus then smirked at Shelton, "Hey big guy, want to go make some purple?" Shelton laughed and kissed him while I shook my head, leaning into Qin. He then wrapped his other arm around me as he laughed at them. Cindy kissed Drake's cupcake covered cheek. Everyone was then congratulating us on the reveal. A little boy and a little girl. We were truly blessed. 

Later that night after a much needed bath I left the bathroom in only a towel when I saw Pyrus sitting on the couch, massaging his knee. Our other mates weren't in the room, off with their parents. My grandmother and friends left shortly after the reveal because for my friends it was a long drive and for my grandmother she has fledgling witches to help train. I dressed before lowering to my knees. A spell to reverse the damage of his knee was so advanced, and I haven't mastered it yet. I don't even know if it will work when I do master it. But I did learn a pain suppression spell. I let the spell wrap around his knee and he sighed in relief. 

"You don't have to hide your pain from us," I told him, standing up. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "I don't like seeing you guys look guilty anytime I'm in pain." I smiled softly, "We hate seeing you hurt and wish we could do something to help you." He pulled me into his lap, "You simply being there is more than enough for me. I got lucky they only took out my knee." It could've been a lot worse had Qin and I not gotten there. "Because of you two, we get to see our little girl and boy, and when you feel it's safe enough to go through your heat, we will have more children to celebrate. The pain in my knee reminds me of what could've happened, and I'm thankful everyday it was just my knee." 

He kissed my forehead, "I love you my Phoenix." "I love you too," I told him. 

After Pyrus went to say bye to his parents, I stepped out on to the balcony and saw Adira curled up around Pantheom. He had a light glow to him. Qin came and stood next to me, leaning against the railing. He had a small smile, "He's keeping her warm." I smiled softly, "Like you do for us." He turned his head to look at me. The sparkle in his eyes was back and it made me so happy to see it once more. "I'm not the only one," He reminded me. I laughed softly as I nodded, "And he will never let us forget that." He chuckled with a shake of his head, "No he wont." We went back to looking at our familiars. "I never thought I would see the day Pantheom isn't up to trouble," Qin told me. "I think Adira is good for him." He then turned to me again, "Just like you're good for all of us." I felt my cheeks heat up. Before I could say anything he kissed me. Our tongues had just started their fight for dominance when we heard the sound of a camera. We pulled away and saw Cindy there with her phone, smiling. "You two are just so cute," She said. I felt my cheeks heat up and when I looked at Qin, I saw his cheeks were pink as well. Cindy then pulled us into the room so we could all celebrate in our own way now that everyone else was gone.