Chapter 36

Qin's POV

I woke up to kisses trailing up my spine till they got to my ear, "Come on Qin, you need to get dressed." Shelton told me. I groaned and pushed myself up. Goddess I was sore. I got up and saw the clothes I was to wear waiting for me on the end of the bed. A pair of shorts that went to my knees, and a blue sash that represented the element they all think I use. I dressed in the shorts. Then made all of my markings on my arms appear. I held out the sash to Alice, "Will you change it so all are represented?" She smiled and accepted it. She a pattern of green, blue, yellow, and red took over the sash. She tied it around my hips with a small smile on her face, "Never hide these." I smiled softly, "Never again."

They left the room to go to the audience section of the arena. I stood and tied my hair back. For them, I will win.

The crowd was loud with cheers as I stepped into the arena at the same time Otho and Gaylin did. It became silent when everyone noticed my arms and sash. "Impossible," Gaylin yelled while pointing a finger at me. "Begin," Father yelled, starting the match.

"Kick their asses baby!" I heard Alice yell, springing me into action, despite the blush covering my face. Dang it woman. I dodged the fire blasts Gaylin threw at me with a rock wall. I then shoved the rock wall forward, causing Gaylin to dive out of the way. Otho sent a tornado at me and I made a small area of the ground launch me into the air. I gathered the moisture in the air as I came back down, causing a flood to hit the arena. Gaylin used his own water ability to direct the water away from him, while Otho was thrown into the wall of the arena due to the force of the waves. I turned the water into fog, and used it as cover. I used the vibrations in the ground to find Gaylin, but he met me with a blast of fire that hit me with extreme force and hit, that sent me flying back into the wall.

My chest was killing me, and it was hard to breathe. I pulled moisture from the air to coat the wound in water. It glowed as it began to heal it. I ducked as slices of air came at me, leaving large gashes in the wall. I then got up and launched back into the fight.

Alice's POV

The fight was intense and nerve wracking. It was all against all. Qin has taken some major hits. Even if he is able to knock his brothers out, will he be able to make it to the throne at the top of the staircase, and announce that he was now king. He was breathing hard, fighting through the pain of his severe burns. I wanted to go down and help heal his wounds. I watched as he struggled to his feet after receiving another harsh hit. His brothers were both panting and seriously injured. "I've had enough of this," Gaylin declared and suddenly storm clouds were above the arena. Strong winds and rain filled the arena and I made a shield to keep us dry. Lightning began to swirl around Gaylin's feet before he shot blasts of it towards Qin. "Qin!" Cindy cried. Qin made several rock walls appear to block the blasts, but each one knocked on into dust. Luckily though by the time he ran out of walls, there weren't any more bolts after him.

Gaylin then sent blasts at Otho. He tried to outrun them, but he wasn't fast enough. Qin sent a wall of rock to try and protect him, but unfortunately, the lightning was faster. It struck Otho down, slamming him into the wall. From the way his body didn't move, we all knew, he was dead. I cried at the feel of agony Qin let us feel through the bond. It was then squashed with hi anger. The ground began to shake and rumble. Both Qin and Gaylin leaped into the air. Gaylin had a sword of ice, while Qin had one of flames. They clashed, but Qin didn't see the dagger of ice in Gaylin's other hand. Gaylin slammed the knife into Qin. Qin's flames went out, and he fell, my heart along with him.

Gaylin landed on the ground smiling victoriously. He turned his back on Qin and began to make his way to the stairs. Qin struggled to his feet, a whip of water in one hand, while the other hand tried to stop the bleeding. Qin lashed the water whip at Gaylin, striking him in the middle of his back. Gaylin whirled around to face him. Qin then made the falling rain to sharp knives and daggers. Qin made the Earth grab Gaylin, not giving his brother the chance to escape of defend himself. "This is for Otho," Qin said before unleashing a rain of sharp ice that was powered by the wind to propel them at am incredible speed. They pierced into Gaylin, killing him. Gaylin's cry echoed into the now silent arena. Qin limped over to Otho, not caring that blood dripped from his wound. The fight was no over until he sat in the throne. Qin closed his brother's eyes before making his way to the stairs. He stopped at Gaylin's dead body, and closed his eyes as well.

Each step he took was a struggle for him. When he sat in the throne, he kept his back straight and his chin high, "I, Qin Lomwick, am now King of the Warlocks." His voice was steady as he spoke. The crowd then cheered as Qin made his way to the hall to his left. We rushed to go meet him.

He was walking, leaning against the wall, barely able to stand. Nathaniel caught him just before he fell. "We've got you," Nathaniel told him. After that we quickly got him to the infirmary. They made us wait outside while they tried to save him.

His parents then appeared. "How is he?" His mother asked us. "He's lost a lot of blood," Shelton told her. "All that power and he may not live to see tomorrow," His father scoffed. I wasn't able to control myself as I shifted and tackled him to the floor. "Guards!" He yelled out as I snarled at him. I heard the footsteps of the Guards rush forward. "Arrest this bitch," He yelled. "We can't sir. She is mated to the king," One of the guards told him. His widened and I wished I was able to smirk.

"Alice, Qin doesn't need to bury anymore of his family," Cindy told me. That made me get off of the bastard, but I would keep an eye out for him. I sat against the wall, facing the door my tail wrapped around my paws. Please be okay.