Chapter 22

Sheldon's POV

I got to the mountain shortly after sun set, my eyes tired from reading so many phone numbers and policies. I found our room and before I even moved the sheet acting as a door a small body was throwing themselves at me. I caught Cindy as she clung to me. I walked into the room and I was shocked to see all of our parents in the room. Cindy got down so my mother could hug me. She held me tight, "I'm so glad you're okay." She then held me out at arms length, "Is Alice with you?" She's asking about Alice? "Uh no, I haven't seen her since this morning," I told her. "She helped us save a bus full of high school kids, but we haven't seen or heard from her since," Pyrus told me. "That was shortly after three," Nathaniel threw in. "She's gonna be so tired when she gets here," Cindy said softly. "She didn't get to have the rest she needed after we spent an entire week mating with her." "And who knows how much magic she's used up," Drake added in. I placed my bag on the bed before turning to the parents that have gathered. 

"What the hell has happened to you guys," I asked them. "Alice came and paid us all a visit," Drake's father replied. "She got us to see our errors and told us to come here. She personally came and warned us, not caring if we wanted her there or not." "We were wrong son," My father said. "And we're sorry." I ran a hand through my hair, it must really be the end of the world. 

When it became late our parents left to go get something to eat and sleep while we all waited for Alice to return. "So anything happen to any of you," I asked them. "We were already on the road when the demons began appearing. We saved from wood fae on the way here," Cindy told us. "Then Drake flew the van the rest of the way because we learned we couldn't really out run the demons in the van." "How many vehicles did you fly today," I asked him. "Once we got here with the bus, we decided to take the bus back and forth, trying to get as many people here as possible. We made several trips back and forth, but there are many who haven't been evacuated yet," Drake explained. "We hope many made it to some of the churches. Some people are organizing a way to get supplies to the churches." 

"What about you two besides the bus of kids," I asked Nathaniel and Pyrus. "Managed to not kill that Alpha. He looked like he was in a lot of pain from his pack mind linking him so that was entertaining to see," Pyrus told us. "We had just finished with the churches when hell broke loose, and Pyrus got to use his racing skills," Nathaniel added and Pyrus smiled. "It was such a thrill, but honestly I don't want to do it again. Too many  damn demons and wrecks to get around. I was surprised I didn't have to go off road, that wouldn't have been easy in my car." 

"From the state of the roads I had last them had you wasted a single minute, then you would've," I told him. "My jeep is covered in mud from having to go through a field to get here because the roads were so bad." "Alice is on her bike, do you think she'll be able to get through it all," Cindy asked us. "On a bike its much easier to get through narrow areas," Pyrus told her. "Plus Alice is resourceful, she'll find a way to get here no matter what," Nathaniel added in. 

We then began hear screams and the mountain shook. "What's happening," Cindy cried while clutching Drake. "Stay here," I said and left. Unfortunately Pyrus and Nathaniel didn't listen and followed me to one of the above ground entrances that allowed us to look down and above the trees. A giant demon, a couple stories high was banging against the barrier of holy magic. A massive amount of demons swarmed it's legs trying to break through. In the windows witches fought with magic, while others fought with guns. Pyrus summoned his fire magic and began to assist. "Here," Drake said from behind us. He was holding a green duffel bag. Inside were tons of weapons. All belonging to Alice. 

We each grabbed a gun and began firing. The demons hissed and howled below, but when one was killed, two more took its place. "There isn't an end to these damn things," Pyrus growled. He was now running low on magic, as were many witches, and had to resort to a weapon. "I hear a motorcycle," Nathaniel told us. Pyrus nodded, "It's her." "And the fucking entrance is blocked," Drake growled. Her motorcycle then came into view, the sound of the engine drawing the attention of the demons towards it. Fear slammed into my gut. She had a sword in hand and mowed down many of them. She then turned, slamming the end of her bike into some before she took off to mow down more of them. We continued shooting to help her until the massive demon managed to knock her off the bike. She wasn't deterred though. Sword in hand, she ran up the side of the mountain then pushed off, flipping over the demon, and as she came down she used her magic to lengthen her blade, slicing the demon in half. Blood showered over her, but as the two halves of the demon fell, they fell to opposite sides, crushing the demons below. She then walked in as many cheered. We ran to go meet her. She looked and smelled horrible, but we didn't care. She was here and alive. It was clear she was incredibly tired. Nathaniel picked her up and we went back to the room. 

"Oh my Goddess," Cindy said, tears in her eyes as she saw Alice. "I'm fine honey, just really dirty," Alice told her with a smile. She looked like Carrie from the prom scene when pig blood was dumped on her. Not a pretty sight, but at least she was here. Drake got the tub filled with water and Pyrus helped her out of her clothes while Nathaniel changed his own. She sank into the water with a sigh. I poured water on her head. "Holy shit that's cold," She said before closing her eyes and sinking into the hot water. "Well duh, the water comes from a spring that runs through the mountain. No hot water heater, hence the reason we have a magical tub that heats up the water for us," Cindy said once Alice came up. I helped her get cleaned while Drake, Nathaniel, and Pyrus went to go get us all something to eat. 

"How's you magic," Cindy asked once Alice was out and getting dressed. "If I use anymore, I'll go through a burnout," Alice said before draping her towel on the back of one of the wooden chairs to let it dry. Alice then sat in another chair, looking so tired and exhausted. Cindy straddled her lap and Alice put her hands on her hips. Alice had a dark look in her eyes and it had us worried. "I saw somethings I can never unsee," She told us. She ran a hand through her wet hair, "I just need to process it all. So much has happened, I haven't been able to make heads or tails of it. I just went on instincts, saving as many as I could without hesitation." She rested her forehead on Cindy's shoulder, her arms wrapping around her waist. 

Drake, Pyrus, and Nathaniel came in with the food and the girls moved so they could eat. I know what she meant by trying to process it all. One minute everything is fine, the next its hell on Earth. That alone was hard to process, but then you throw in demons, humans learning about us in the worse way possible, that will take a while. I know we'll get through it all, but when we do, nothing will be the same.