Chapter 68

Alice's POV

Freedom! No more bed rest for this girl. I was eager to leave the infirmary and spend time with my family. I went into the room and saw Pyrus sitting on the floor with the twins. He was cute playing peekaboo with them and their giggles just melted my heart. I slipped my phone out and took a small video of them together. When he noticed me he gave me a bright smile. "You should've told me you were leaving the infirmary today," he said as I put the phone away. "I was eager and wanted to surprise you guys," I told him as I went and sat on the floor. I noticed his knee was in a brace. "How does your knee feel," I asked him, sitting across from him so that the twins were between us. "I've got my good days and I've got my bad days," he told me. "I wish I could master that spell, but getting it to work on something living has failed time and time again. I did it so easily on Nathaniel's book on Christmas, but trying to repair bones or skin, it's impossible without dipping into dark magic," I told him with a sigh. "Don't worry about it my Phoenix," He told me. "The fact you tried means the world to me. Plus I don't want you dealing in dark magic. Who knows what kind of consequences something like that has." I gave him a guilty smile, "It doesn't reverse what was happened, just transfers the damage over to the person casting the spell." He glared, "You looked into dark magic?" "I was just curious," I told him. "Plus not all dark magic is bad, I've used several spells that were considered dark, but the consequences were very harmless."

He raised an eyebrow, "Such as?" "Well I used a spell during high school that got rid of my acne. The consequences of it were I had to deal with a pain in the ass in-grown hair on my leg, but those were easy to get rid of the natural way. Plus I always wore jeans so it never bothered me," I told him. "There was also a time I used a dark magic spell to protect my shampoo and conditioner because once I heard about the other pack girls talking about putting Nair hair removal in it. They lost their hair for a month and my hair became really frizzy so I just wore it up in a bun until the weird frizz went away." "What else did you look into," he asked me. "If there was any way to transfer the damage done to your knee to the person who caused it," I confessed to him. "That can't be done either. Not because of the kind of spell, but as part of the punishment for his actions, Qin tortured the man who shot you, and completely shattered his knee caps, and didn't allow for them to heal properly."

He nodded, "Yeah I heard about how he tortured the rebels." He ran a hand through his hair, "If it involves dark magic, please stay away from it. The little things like the acne and such, that's fine, but I don't want this going to you." As he spoke he gestured to his brace. I nodded, "I promise to stay away from dark magic." He smiled, happy with my promise, "Great, now let's go find the others."

We picked up the twins and left the room. "So how do you feel," he asked me as we walked. "I feel really great," I told him. "Except I feel very ready to take a bath in some snow to help the heat." He gave me a sheepish smile, "I'm sorry." I smiled, "It's worth it." That made his smile brighten.

We found Cindy in her office, pacing as she spoke on her blue tooth ear piece. She smiled brightly when she saw me before paying attention to whoever she was talking too. "We need those forms mother," she told her. "I am aware of this, but I would like to not push my coronation back any more than what we have. Right now, its scheduled so we have everyone's coronation a month apart." She paused as she listened to her mother. "That does include Alice's coronation as queen for all kingdoms."

That is a lot of coronations to go through, I thought. Meaning more dress shopping, I thought with a frown. Goddess, that's way to much money to be spending. And it doesn't help that I'm soon going to be as big as a whale. After a few more minutes she ended the call with her mother. "Why didn't you tell me, you were being released today," Cindy asked as she hugged me. "Because I wanted to surprise you all," I told her. She then looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "And you went to see Pyrus first?" "I actually went to go see the twins first, he just happened to be there," I told her, earning myself a pinch in the butt from Pyrus as Cindy laughed.