Chapter 62

I wanted to burn down the world for what happened to Nathaniel and Shelton. Nathaniel was now half blind and Shelton was covered in scars. I was furious they hid how it happened from me until after my heat, but I understood. During my heat, I had only one thing in mind, to stop the pain. That was it. I was able to use the pain suppression spell on Pyrus's knee, but I barely remember having the thought to do so, I mostly remember the pain and the relief my mates gave me.

Today though, was a day for just us now that the weather was finally nice. Adira was in the large lake with Pantheom, watching as I tried to fly. The rest of my mates were lounging around on the picnic blanket relaxing. "Are you sure that's going to work," Pyrus asked me as he eyed what I'm trying to fly on.

My biggest problem with trying to fly a broom was that I lacked the skills to balance on one. The handles were so incredibly thin, and honestly uncomfortable. So instead I made a board out of the same kind of wood, much similar to a skate board, minus the wheels. It gives my feet plenty of room to stand on, and if I wanted to, I could sit on it, without feeling like it was going to split me in half. "I'm positive it'll work," I told him only feeling somewhat confident in myself. To fly a broom, it requires to balance your magic, and because I have so much magic, it's easier said then done.

"I'll be here to catch you if you fall," Drake assured me. "That's if I can get off the ground," I muttered softly to myself. I then took a deep breath and imagined a scale in my head and dividing my magic into either basket till it became level. My eyes widened when I and board began to levitate off of the ground. I clamped down on my excitement, so I didn't end up screwing up my balance.

When I got six feet off of the ground I squeaked in excitement. I finally flew! Then Pantheom sneezed and a gust of wind made me loose balance. Strong arms caught me before I hit the ground. "I told you I'd catch you," Drake said with a smile. I looked at Pantheom and saw the head responsible looking about as if he didn't do it while the others looked at it accusingly. "Bless you," I told him as Drake put me down.

He laced his fingers with mine as he lead me over to the blanket. I sat down next to Cindy who was bottle feeding Mikell. Shelton then took out a lot of the food from the picnic basket and a good amount of it made me feel nauseous when the smell hit my nose. After the picnic we went inside so the guys could go to their various meetings and such.

I was reading a book while the babies were on the floor for tummy time when Cindy came in with a bag. "Catch," she told me. When I did I raised an eyebrow at her, "A pregnancy test?" "I noticed the look on your face when we were eating. Go take it, while I watch them," she said with a smile. I had never felt so nervous in my life to go into the bathroom. The small box in my hand felt like a thousand pounds.

Sitting and waiting for the results, felt like eternity. When the positive symbol appeared, I felt so many mixed emotions. Happiness was the biggest one though. I opened the door and an impatient but expectant looking Cindy was waiting on the other side. "Well," she asked a little nervously. I held up the pregnancy test, "I'm pregnant." She squealed and hugged me tightly. She made my ears ring when she shouted it through the mind link, suddenly announcing it to our mates.

Pyrus's POV

When Cindy shouted through the bond so suddenly it caused me to jump and slam my already slightly sore knee into the underside of my desk, while my pencil shot across a sketch I was working on for a client. I cursed to myself about the pain, then I realized what she said. Alice was pregnant. I wanted to get up and go see her, but my knee was on fire. I opened my desk drawer and grabbed my pain meds. I popped some into my mouth while sending a private mind link to Nathaniel for an ice pack so Cindy doesn't find out she caused me to accidentally hurt my knee. She would cry and feel so guilty. I never want to make her feel guilty and cry over something that makes her happy, even if it means I get hurt. Plus she didn't know that's how I would react. I didn't even expect to react that way.

Nathaniel came in with the world's largest smile that was identical to the smile he had when the realization Cindy was pregnant finally set in after the Demon apocalypse. He held out my ice pack, "We were all injured in some way, so don't worry, none of us are telling Cindy." I chuckled as I put it on my knee, "What happened to you?" "I spilled hot coffee on my crotch," he said. "Thankfully I keep a spare set of clothes in my office for when one of you corner me in my office." I scoffed, "Please, you corner us."

He chuckled, "You have no proof of that." I smirked, "I can record it next time so I do have proof." He smirked, "Then we can share it with our mates." I chuckled and shook my head.

When the pain meds kicked in, we went to the room where the rest of our mates had gathered to talk about the great news. I was happy to see Alice's excitement and happiness. My biggest fear was that she would have a freak out over being pregnant while we are still dealing with the rebels and the unknown enemy who attacked Shelton. I know those thoughts were in the back of her mind though, and I was prepared to do whatever it takes to reassure her that it was going to be okay. Everyone was talking and enjoying the great news until Shelton's phone began to ring. 

He checked the caller ID, "I'm sorry, but I have to take this." He was hiding something from us, and I had a feeling it has something to do with the people who attacked him. Why he won't tell us though, has become beyond frustrating, but something tells me, it's not that he doesn't want to, but because he can't. Just who were they?