Chapter 40

I nudged Qin's arm as we walked around in the mall, "What's on your mind?" He sighed and ran a hand through his ginger hair. It was down and flowing, stopping at the base of his neck, "I feel bad for snapping at them like that." I hugged his arm, "I know you do, but you had every right." He sighed, "You did too you know. Cindy hasn't been very nice to you lately." I smiled softly, "Yeah I know. To be honest I haven't really taken any of what she said to heart. Sure it stings a little but genies are usually light and bubbly people and when pregnant they loose almost all control of their emotions. Plus I can smell her fear and regret." He looked confused, "Her fear?" My eyes widened, "That's right, you don't know. About two hundred or so years ago an illness spread throughout the world like wild fire. It nearly wiped out all of the genies and those that did survive had some lasting effects caused by the sickness that was passed down from generation to generation, making it hard for genies to have children. For men it was a very low sperm count and for women it was weak wombs that have trouble carrying a child. It's why genies don't really celebrate until after the child is here. Cindy is terrified of losing the twins. She knows if she does we'll all be sad and that's not something she wants." "I see," He said a look of thought on his face. He ran a hand over the stubble he let his face grow, "I may be able to help her but it would take me finding the right ingredients. Although I could easily manifest them, they wouldn't be as potent as naturally grown." I smiled softly then noticed a lingerie store, "Come on." His face reddened as I pulled him towards it, "W-Why?" "You'll see," I told him with a smirk that made his blush deepen. 

When I teleported us back to the castle, it was after sunset. Qin had tons and tons of bags in his hands, refusing to let me carry a single one. I looked around our bedroom and saw no one else was here. I made the majority of the bags go to a pocket dimension so the others couldn't snoop. Qin and I were putting away the rest of the things we bought when Cindy came in. She looked a little nervous as she stood there. Her ocean eyes had tears that she didn't want to let fall. I opened my arms for her and she practically jumped into them, wrapping her arms around me tightly. "I'm so sorry Alice," She cried. "I'm sorry for all of the means things I've said to you." I kissed the top of her head, "It's okay Cindy." She shook her head, "No it's not." I made her look at me and I wiped away the dark trails that was her makeup mixed with her tears. She then began to mumble words I couldn't make out as she cried out her apology.

Qin left the room so it could be us women. Cindy wiped her tears away as she sniffled, " We all wanna take you and Qin out on a date. Pretty please?" She gave me large round puppy dog eyes and I just couldn't tell her no. "When," I asked her which caused her to smile. "Tonight," she said excitedly. "Tonight it is," I told her with a nod. "We're going to have so much fun," she then went to the closet to start looking for something to wear while I sat on the bed.I watched her begin to set out her clothes. She then pulled out clothes she wanted me to wear. She then took my hand and pulled me to the bathroom to take a shower.

Pyrus's POV

I walked into the throne room and saw Qin sitting on the throne listening to one of the Lords. Qin nodded, "Thank you for the report Lord Daw." He then dismissed the Lord and gave me a small smile. I went up the steps to his throne and bent down to give him a kiss. "So what brings you here," Qin asked curiously. "I came to apologize for burning part of your book. I know it was important," I told him. He nodded, "It's okay Pyrus. I know it's not easy adjusting to the castle and everyone is feeling stressed from it." I took his hand, "We're wanting to take you and Alice out on a date to make up for our shitty behavior lately." A slight blush covered his face, "O-Okay."

I took his hand and pulled him out of his throne and walked back with him to the room. Cindy was standing in the bathroom in only a towel with curlers in her hair doing her make up while Alice was at the other sink brushing her teeth. We stood there admiring the sight before us. Alice smiled at us after she finished. "Come on now, shouldn't you boys be getting ready," She asked us as she went to the bed where she had her clothes waiting. "Who are you calling a boy," I asked her, pulling her to me. She laughed and I couldn't resist it, and kissed her. She relaxed into me, letting herself loose herself to the kiss.

A pillow was thrown at us, "C-Come on, we dont want to make the others wait." Qin said playfully. We looked at him and saw a large tent in his pants with a blush covering his face. I laughed softly, "What's wrong handsome?" "N-Nothing," he said as he made his way to the closet. "I don't think he will ever stop blushing," Cindy laughed as she came into the room. Alice smiled, "That's a good thing."

Shelton, Drake, and Nathaniel came in as I was zipping up the back of Cindy's dress. Alice was choosing which earrings to wear and Qin was putting his hair up. Nathaniel walked over to Alice and wrapped his arms around her. He whispered something into her ear that made her blush and smile. Nathaniel then helped her pick out a set of earrings.

"So where are we going," Qin asked curiously. "That's for me to know and you to find out," Shelton said with a smile. Cindy took Alice's hand while I took Qin's and we left.

Alice tried to hide her shivering as she walked in her sexy back healed snow boots that went to her knees as we walked through the parking lot. Cindy hugged one of her arms, trying to offer some warmth. I wrapped an arm around her and raised my body temperature for her. Shelton opened the door for the restaurant for us and we all went inside. I helped Alice out of her coat while Drake helped Cindy. A host lead us to a large table in the center. Nathaniel pulled out a chair for Alice while Shelton did the same for Cindy, I for Qin. Nathaniel then gestured for me to sit and I smirked at him. "Guys, you can play who is more dominant later when we get home," Drake told us playfully. "And we'll put you right in the middle of it," Nathaniel told him with a smirk that caused Drake to roll his eyes and smile.

Once we were all sitting Cindy and Alice smiled and talked as they looked over the menu together. It was nice to see that they were enjoying themselves. I then noticed Qin had a look said that he was thinking hard about something. "What's going on in that head of yours," I asked him with a slight nudge. He gave me a soft smile which was rare these days, "I was thinking we all relocate and build a castle that best represents a unification of our kingdoms. I know its stressful being so far from your people and your businesses. Plus living somewhere so cold isn't fair to Alice, and during the winter it's hard for Drake to fly." "But it's tradition," Cindy said nervously. "Are you sure that's something you want to do?" He nodded, "There are a few traditions that I have come to realize that I refuse to have passed down. The first one to go will be how we warlocks determine the next King. I refuse to sit on some throne, looking down at our children as they kill each other for the throne. Nor will I force them to even become king if that is not what they wish. We'll have a series of challenges or something, but anything that doesn't involve them fighting each other."

His eyes had filled with tears as he spoke, but he refused to let them fall. I took his hand and brought it to my lips and it helped him relax. "I think that's a great idea," Cindy said while resting a hand on her stomach. Alice nodded in agreement, "If anyone wants to speak against your decision they will learn their place." We all agreed with her and it made Qin smile. After that we change the topic to other things. It was nice to sit down and enjoy a meal with all of them. No fighting and yelling, just all of us together feeling happy.

Once back at the castle Alice and Cindy were quick to get into something more comfortable while Nathaniel relit the fire and Drake made sure the windows couldn't let in any cold air. Qin was in the hall talking with one of the servants and Shelton was taking the extra decorative pillows off of the bed. Nathaniel wrapped his arms around my waist and tucked his face in the crook of my neck, "I'm hungry." He kissed the side of my neck causing me to shiver. "That sounds like a problem we need to fix," I told him.

I moaned when I felt his fangs sink into my skin. He pressed his hard on against me as one of his hands cupped my hard on. "You two look like you're having fun," Drake commented before removing his shirt to start getting ready for bed.

Nathaniel licked the wound shut causing me to moan softly as Qin came in. We then heard a soft moan that pulled all of our attention to where Alice was sitting in a chair with Cindy in her lap, a hand in her shorts as she fed from her. Cindy was moaning and panting while Alice continued to played with her as she fed. Watching Cindy just come apart in Alice's arms was one of the sexiest things I've ever seen. Alice licked the wound closed as she removed her hand to lick her fingers clean. Cindy smiled softly, enjoying the high Alice gave her. Qin stripped down to his boxers and I couldn't help looking over him lustfully. He has clearly gone back to working out to make up for the time he had been on bed rest. Every inch of him was well sculpted and built. 

Shelton wrapped his arms around him from behind him and Qin so easily relaxed into him, laying his head back against him with his eyes closed. It was the most relaxed I had seen him since we got here. Time is all we need and I prayed we had plenty of it.