Chapter 58

I stood in front of the mirror wearing the black spaghetti strap cocktail gown I had picked up. The skirt was short in the front but long in the back. I wore a pair of sexy lace up heeled platform sandals. I wore a pair of blood ruby earrings that Shelton had given to me as a gift. I also had a black diamond and blood ruby bracelet from Drake. Around my neck I wore my locket. Shelton and Drake wanted me to have jewelry that matched my clan ring while my necklace matches with everything I own.

"You look absolutely beautiful Alice," Cindy said when she came in carrying a box. My cheeks felt a little warm, "Thank you." Cindy placed the box down then took off the lid. Inside was a diadem of the various symbols of their kingdoms surrounded by small diamonds. "We are all having our crowns made to represent all of our kingdoms, but we wanted to have yours finished first," she said before putting it on my head. "Why," I asked her. "Because you are this world's symbol of change," she told me. "Because of you so many good things are going to be able to happen. Like the twins having a long and healthy life."

I never wanted to be a symbol of change. I just wanted my mates to be happy with a peaceful life. She then took my hand and lead me out of the room where our mates were waiting. Pyrus gave us a whistle that made my cheeks feel hot. "You ladies look beautiful," Shelton told us. Cindy really did look beautiful. She wore a beautiful pink maternity gown that really showed off her stomach.

"Come on, or we're going to be late," Cindy said excitedly. I wish I shared her excitement. I felt nothing but nervousness.

The magic gathering was held in a large field under the crescent moon. Many witches were with their familiars talking and laughing amongst each other. Grams came and gave me a hug, "It's so great to see you honey. You look so beautiful." She then looked around, "Do you plan on calling Adira here?" "She's so large," I said, feeling unsure. "That's why we're having the gathering outside," She said to me. "We have plenty of space of her and Pantheom. Familiars are family too."

Qin and I shared a look before moving away, everyone watching us. Qin gave me a reassuring smile. I nodded and we called our familiars to us. Luckily it only used barely any magic to call them to us. Once already summoned in to this world, we can call them to us and they will appear with no effort at all. Many of the witches began to talk and whisper when Adira appeared. Pantheom appeared a second after her and he seemed excited. Grams then made everyone sit at their tables. Grams then stood before us all.

"Blessed be everyone. As you know we are gathered here today to honor the witches who have gone above and beyond. Not only for their coven, but also for their community," She announced. A circle then appeared behind her, "Never has a witch gone so above and beyond that not only has she helped the coven, but she has helped the entire world. Because of this witch, the Demon Curse that affected the balance of this world has been eradicated. The result of it? Balance has been restored and all mixed breed children will be able to live past puberty." Images then start appearing behind her, projected by the circle. "My grand daughter, Alice, heir to the Black Mist Coven, has done so much, that I believe not even her mates are aware of it." Suddenly, images of me helping many people after the Demon Apocalypse. Many homes were looted and damaged during what happened and I wanted to help as many as possible. I also helped to find any family members I could for kids who lost their parents, and that was just a small list of things.

She then had me approach her, to stand before them. "Alice is a symbol of change for not only us, but the world. Her familiar, Adira, is also the world's largest fully summoned familiar. As you all know, a summoned familiar is a gadge for a witch's power. Many of you look down on her because of  her mixed blood. That hatred was created with the Demons. The demons she eradicated. I want you all to take a moment to look at the amazing things she has done, and think of the things she will do once she is made coven leader."

Shelton's POV

I watched the many thing our amazing mate has done. Pride filling my chest, as she stood there, tall and proud before her fellow coven members. Suddenly arrows and bullets were flying. Shields were up instantly, and Adira was moving so her body wrapped around the gathering. Witches took to the air, ready to face the attackers. Cindy stood, looking around, "Where's Alice?" She then bent over, looking in pain. Realization just slammed into me, her water broke.

Alice's grandmother came over to us, "Alice has asked me to get Cindy home." "Good, because my water just broke," Cindy told her. Her grandmother then teleported all of us, except Alice, to the castle infirmary. Nurses instantly began to prep Cindy. "I need Alice," Cindy said as she began to cry in pain and the fact she was upset one of our mates aren't here. "I'm going to go back and assist to ensure she gets here in time," Her grandmother told us before disappearing. Now we were stuck playing the waiting. Waiting for our mate to return and waiting for our children to enter the world.

Cindy was in labor for a couple of hours before she was ready to push and Alice wasn't back yet. Suddenly Alice was running in, looking breathless. Her hair was wet from a shower, and her clothes were changed. "I'm not late am I," she asked, her eyes wide. I gave her a soft smile, "Not at all." She seemed relieved and went over to Cindy. Cindy took her hand, "Are you okay?" Alice kissed her forehead, "I'm fine."

Not long after, Cindy was pushing out two loud little miracles. Hearing them cry for the first time brought tears to all of our eyes. "You did so good," Alice told Cindy who had a tired smile on her face. "Are they healthy?"

"Yes baby," Drake assured her, as he came over holding our son. Alice helped Cindy move so she could hold him. "I really did it," she said then she began crying tears of joy. Pyrus carried our daughter over to her. She held them both and it was a glorious sight.

We then looked at Qin and Alice. "We wanted you both to name them," Cindy told them. They seemed to be stunned. "Us," Alice asked shocked. "Of course silly," Cindy told her. She then had Alice take our daughter and Qin held our son. "Mira," Alice whispered. "That's so beautiful. Mira Laurel Vin, it has a nice ring to it," Cindy said and we all agreed.

"Mikell," Qin said, feeling firm with his choice. "Mikell Marvel Vin, sounds strong," Drake said. These babies are the first we will have, and thanks to the changes her parents had tried to do, and the changes Alice had done for us, we thought it fitting to name them after Alice's parents.

They then allowed the rest of us to hold our children. I looked down at Mira who had Cindy's strawberry blonde hair. She slept so soundly, her pacifier slowly slipping from her mouth. We have been through so much. Yet here we are, holding two precious gifts. We stayed till it was late before laying the twins in their medical bassinets by Cindy's bed so all three of them could get some sleep.

"Do you know who attacked the gathering," Nathaniel asked Alice as we walked back to our room. "Rebels," Alice said with a sigh. "They were hoping to hit us without the protection of our castle. Grams is questioning them and from the look of anger she had, it's not going to be pretty." "Were you injured," Drake asked her. She shook her head, "Luckily no one was injured. Except Pantheom and Adira. They protected the witches and us, taking bullets and arrows. They're both gonna need their teeth cleaned though. They're back at Gram's home until we move to our new castle."

If it's not one thing, it's another. Cant we have a moment of peace? That's all I ask.