Chapter 18

I woke up feeling so drained and tired. My body told me of every mark, bite, bruise, and kiss I had received over the last week from my mates. I smelled breakfast downstairs and could hear Pyrus and Nathaniel bickering with Cindy telling them to hush before they woke me up. I rolled over and saw roses on the nightstand and smiled softly.

I got up and threw on some one of Pyrus's shirts and went downstairs. I didn't have the energy to do more than that. I went down and saw them all in the kitchen. Cindy gave me a bright smile, "Good morning Alice!" "How do you feel," Sheldon asked me. "So exhausted and hungry," I mumble while sitting down at the table. Drake put a plate of food in front of me and I gave him a smile. I had just began eating when the doorbell rang. Sheldon got up and answered the door.

"I told you I would be coming in tomorrow," He said to whoever was at the door. "We need to speak with her," A woman I recognized as council member Tyra, said at the door. "The situation is far more worse than we thought. The book has been opened." I dropped my fork and was up an instant later, in front of her, "How long?" She stumbled back, "T-Two hours ago." "Last known origin," I said to her. "In it's tomb," She told me. "Only a descendant can get in," I told her. "How the hell did that happen?" "There is a group who has been wanting to out the supernatural to the humans," Sheldon told me. "They threatened to use the Demon King to do it. None of us took them seriously," Tyra told me. "We didn't know they had a descendant among them."

"You should've," I screamed at her and Sheldon. "When the King of Demons comes out, he will birth more demons! If a human gets a single scratch from them, then they'll be turned into demons. Those humans think a fucking zombie apocalypse is bad, dealing with demons who wield magic and have a brain are worse! We were screwed the moment that book was opened."

"What did you do when it was opened last time," Nathaniel asked me. "I found it thirty minutes after the book was opened. You only have that first hour to try and reverse it because it's magic is so low, after that, you're screwed." I turned to Tyra and Sheldon, "We have one hour before demons start being made. We have four before he is fully here, and everything we knew is gone." I used my magic to change my clothes for something to work in. I had the items my mates gave me, "The council needs to gather and declare a state of emergency, and start calling every leader within a thousand mile radius. We need to help get every damn human and supernatural species to holy ground." I had a map for every state appear in my hand, "These are holy grounds that have long since been forgotten, but after the last demon King incident, I traveled to them and reinforced their holy magic." I then turned to Nathaniel and Pyrus, "I need you to go to every church and get them ready for the hell on Earth that is about to be unleashed. They know of our kind and what our legends and monsters. Tell them the SPC sent you."

"You're under no authority to make that call," Tyra snapped at me and I turned to her. "I was given that call the moment you came to my house. I'm already gonna get shit rolling for you, you just need to inform all others of the hell your stupidity had caused." "And her being my mate gives her that authority," Sheldon threw in.

I turned to Drake, "I need you and Cindy to start taking supplies to this location. We'll meet you guys there." I handed him a folded up map.

"What are you going to do," Sheldon asked me. I sighed, "Something I'm really gonna regret." I then gave them all a smile, "I promise though, it wont get me hurt. Just be a major test of my patience." They were the reason I was doing this. Or I'd let them fend for themselves.

I got on my bike and shot out of the garage. Goddess give me patience.

Sheldon's POV

"We need to act fast," I said to everyone and they all nodded. "She's going to wear herself out," Cindy said, full of worry. Nathaniel pulled her to him, "She'll be fine." I nodded in agreement, "I'm gonna go to the meeting hall, with Tyra. Start doing the tasks Alice told you too." I gave them all a kiss and sent a prayer to the moon goddess we all had time.

I sat in my chair at the council table. "So what did Agent Alice say," One of the members asked. It was Colven, a sea nymph who hated violence of any kind, much like the rest of his kind. "To start evacuating to holy grounds, saving as many humans and supernatural as possible. The king is able to start making demons even before he is out of the book, and if those demons scratch a human they'll get turned into a demon," Tyra told him.

"My mates Nathaniel and Pyrus are going to all the nearby churches to warn them of the king coming forth," I told them. "She gave us maps of holy ground we could evacuate too," Tyra said showing them the maps, "One for every state. We just need to start making calls." After we all approved we all began to start making the calls. 

Pyrus's POV

I walked into my fourth church, Nathaniel next to me. Many of the priests and nuns we've come across seemed to know what to do immediately once we told them why we were here. We've tried to make the visits as short as possible, so we could go back and help Drake and Cindy. We were all divided and it didn't sit right with me. 

"Hey," A voice said behind us. We turned and saw that asshole Alpha who hurt our Alice all those years ago. His nose was busted with dried blood caked around his nostril. "We don't have time for your shit," Nathaniel growled. "You're stuck with me," He said and we growled again. "Says who," I asked him. 

Says me, Alice said in the mind link. She then cut it off. 

"She went to see you," I asked him. He nodded, "Who do you think broke my nose?" "Why," Nathaniel asked him. "To start evacuating the women and pups, while also helping cover the churches, and supernatural communities. She told me we need to work together, and if I wanted to have pups to carry down the Alpha title too, I should behave. I told her she was full of shit, and she hit me." "Great evil is upon us, and we need to band together," A man said and we turned to see a Priest. "My brother from a nearby church called me and informed me of our current situation. I must say, I didn't think I'd ever live to see the day the king was successfully freed." 

"Well if you're informed, then we must be on our way," I told him. Nathaniel look at the shithead we were stuck with, "You ride with us." "There is only one wolf allowed to shed on my seat," I told Nathaniel. He glared, "We don't have much of a choice. We're stuck with the mongrel until further notice." I glared at the Alpha, "So much as sneeze on my interior, you're furry ass is having it detailed." He growled, "I'm not some fucking animal." Nathaniel and I bared our fangs. "What you did to our mate says other wise," I told him. "Careful or we'll make you ride in the trunk," Nathaniel told him. I then smirked, "Now there's a thought." The asshole held up his hands in surrender, "I'll behave." 

Nathaniel and I left with him in tow. Goddess kill me now. On second thought, kill him and make the world a better place.