Chapter 41

Pyrus's POV

I was sitting in the library with various books on castles surrounding me at a table. I was trying to come up with a design for the castle we would all be calling home. It would have to be the biggest castle the world has ever seen. Yesterday Qin and I spent the day looking over various places on a map and found a spot that is in the center of all territories, making it easier for all of us to rule over the various lands with ease. The land was vast and untouched, and I hate having to mess it up, but in the end it'll be worth it. I was having the wood fae relocate the trees and wildlife so we could save as much of it as possible.

"There you are," Nathaniel said when he found me. I smiled at him, "Here I am." He looked over the books and the sketch I had of our design from the house we left behind. I wanted our castle to feel warm and inviting to all who entered. We didn't rule with fear so we didn't need anything intimidating. "Any special requests for our new home," I asked him. "Not that I can think of," He said while sitting down next to me. He was looking over what I had so far when we felt a deep shock of sadness and embarrassment shoot down the bond from Cindy and a rush of deep anger from Alice.

We bolted up and followed the bond where we found them at the doors of the castle, covered in what smelled to be pig blood that was thrown on them from a group of protestors. Alice was ready to launch herself at them while Cindy was trying to hold back her tears. Nathaniel and I growled in anger, followed by a dragon's roar as Drake clung to the mountain above us as he looked down at them. I was glad he wasn't old enough to breathe fire yet, but when he hits a hundred he'll be able too. The rebels were starting to show their ugly heads, and right now they were throwing petty tantrums, but it won't be long till it turns into something worse. Shelton and Qin were gone to a meeting so it was gonna have to be Nathaniel and I to resolve this issue.

We had guards arrest the protestors and took the women inside while Drake flew off to our balcony so he could shift back. Alice growled as she tore off her clothes. "Doing this to me is one thing, but who the fuck does that to a pregnant woman," she snarled. "Wait, you're saying this isn't the first time it's happened to you," Nathaniel asked her. "Of course not," she snapped. "Why do you think I never leave the damn castle? I can't simply walk to the market without something being thrown at me. I'm used to it though, but the fact they didn't give a damn about Cindy being pregnant pisses me off."

"Alice I'm fine," Cindy said trying to calm her down. "What if it makes you sick," Alice growled. "Who knows how much bacteria and shit is in the blood." "She has a point Cindy. Your immune system is weak, plus with the curse of the genies who knows how badly getting sick will affect you," Nathaniel said, eyes red in anger.

Alice ushered Cindy into the bathroom to go shower. Not long after they stepped into the bathroom Shelton and Qin came into the bedroom, Shelton covered in pig blood. The way Shelton had Qin by the arm it was to keep Qin from running off to hurt those who doused Shelton. "The women were hit on their way out of the castle," I said while showing them the clothes I just picked up off of the floor. "I'm going to join them, make sure he doesn't run off and cause even more problems," Shelton said while passing Qin to me. I smirked as I wrapped my arms around him, "Gladly."

A blush covered his cheeks as Shelton walked to the bathroom. "Where did Drake go? I thought he was coming back to the room," Nathaniel asked while going over to the windows. Drake came in fully dressed, "I went to make sure the criminals didn't give the guards any problems getting them to their cells."

"So how did you avoid getting hit," Nathaniel asked Qin. "Shelton pushed me out of the way," Qin replied. "They were waiting for us at the bottom of the mountain. I was going to send them flying but Shelton dragged me back to the castle. We saw some of the signs by the castle door and splatter on the ground so we knew some of you were met with the same fate."

I sighed and rested my chin on his head, "We will figure out how to squash the protestors but for now we have to pray the blood doesnt make Cindy sick or we may not be able to control our gorgeous hybrid from going on a rampage." "I will be joining her if that happens," Drake growled out softly. Nathaniel nudged him, "Aren't you supposed to be the one who's level headed, always last to snap?" Drake sighed and ran a hand through his hair, not replying. Sure the twins were ours, but biologically they were Drake's so he feels a different kind of possessiveness and need to kill those who hurt them.

Nathaniel pulled Drake into his arms and Drake breathed in his scent to help calm himself down. When Shelton and Cindy came in they were only in towels. "Alice is taking a little longer. It's left a slight pink color in her hair that she is trying to scrub out," Cindy told us.

"They probably added dye to the blood," Qin said with a sigh. We waited for her to come out and when she did she seemed annoyed. "It's not as bad as it was," Cindy told her with a soft smile. Alice smiled softly in return, "That's good." "Pink looks good on you," Shelton said while taking a strand of her hair. A light pink blush covered her cheeks.

"So what were you ladies going to do when leaving the castle," I asked them curiously. "We were gonna go to the town nearby to do some shopping," Cindy replied as she began looking for something to wear. "Christmas is in a couple of days, and there is still a lot to do. I want Qin and Alice to have the best Christmas since not only is it their first Christmas with us, but it's the first Christmas they've celebrated in a really long time." Qin moved from my arms and wrap his arms around her, "The fact we're all together makes it perfect." Alice slipped on one of my tshirts, "He's right Cindy." Cindy smiled softly, "I know, but I still wanted to try." Qin kissed her softly and it brightened her smile.

We decided to get into comfortable clothes and relax around the room, just enjoying each other's company. Nathaniel and Qin read books on the couch while Cindy braided Alice's hair while Alice read one of the spell books her grandmother had given her, and Shelton, Drake, and I were playing cards. "Quit card counting," Drake told me. I laughed, "I don't know what you're talking about." He glared with a playful growl, "I think you know exactly what I'm talking about." I stuck my tongue out at him and Shelton grabbed it,"Keep sticking it out, and I'm going to make you put it to good use." Drake smirked, "That sounds like fun." "I agree," Nathaniel said from where he sat, smirking at me. My dick was unbelievably hard in my pants, wanting to be freed. "He seems a little uncomfortable, I think we need to fix that," Qin said, shocking all of us. He hasn't made any advances since we mated and we were giving him time. Now he looked at us all lustfully and it added to the fire I felt.

"All of you seem uncomfortable," Alice said as she noted all of our hard ons. Shelton let go of my tongue, "I bet you ladies aren't feeling very dry right now." "I'm more than happy to let you check," Cindy told him sweetly. The sexual tension in the air was thick, we were just waiting to see who was going to snap first. Shelton sent a small wave of his power with a smirk and it caused us all to moan. "Oops," he said. Alice then smirked and snapped her fingers and our clothes were gone, "Oops." Cindy then began to kiss down the side of Alice's neck causing her to moan and shiver.

From there it was like we were all attacking each other. For hours we kissed, loved, and enjoyed each other. We all laid there feeling as if that void we had once felt was filled once more. Nathaniel was behind me, an arm around my waist as he tucked his face into the side of my neck. Alice was in front of me, face tucked into my chest as she enjoyed the warmth I gave off. Cindy was next to her with Qin behind her keeping her warm, while Drake laid behind him. Shelton was already asleep behind him, finally feeling full after so long. I smiled softly as I fell asleep surrounded by the loves of my life.