Chapter 61

Qin's POV

I was in the shower when I heard a whimper from the bedroom. I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist before leaving the bathroom. I saw Alice laying in bed, a light sheen of sweat covering her skin. Her eyes were glazed over in lust and pain. Her heat had finally taken enough. Her body rejected the potion, allowing her heat to come sooner than we expected. I tossed my towel to the side and crawled into bed, my lips on hers, my cock incredibly hard. 

Alice is going through her heat, I said through the mind link. A while ago we all agreed to take turns to ensure we didn't wear ourselves out before her heat has passed. I was going to take the first few hours and then someone else will come and take over. Thankfully after some time, her body will be temporarily satisfied enough for her to be able to eat and get some rest during it, but she won't be leaving the bed anytime soon. 

Out of curiosity, I had gone to speak with a doctor because I was concerned for her since she was a tri-breed, how would having children be for her. Due to her being part wolf, and having so many male mates, she'll have more than one egg drop to be inseminated. So it was easily possible she could have a child of different races. It was guaranteed she would carry more than one. It was rare for a female wolf to ever carry only one at a time. It's why wolf families were so large. However, there could be some health complications that we would have to be ready to face since so many species weren't meant to be in one person. 

After a few hours of loving her, trying to soothe her pain Drake came in to take over. He gave me a quick kiss, "Go get some rest." I nodded and got up to put some clothes on. I just had the workout of a life time and my body was sore from it, but helping my mate was well worth it. I dressed and left the room. I followed the mating bond till I found Nathaniel and Cindy in Nathaniel's office. He was feeding from her. I was amazed when my cock got hard, but there was no way I would be able to do anything. Nathaniel finished and licked her wound closed, and she shivered in pleasure from it. Cindy then gave me a bright smile, "Shelton took the twins to his parents'. Our parents agreed to take turns watching them, so we could focus on Alice with as little interruptions as possible." "Who's with her now," Nathaniel asked me. "Drake just took over," I told him. Cindy took my hand, "Come on, let's get you something to eat and put you to bed, you look ready to fall over." I felt like it, I thought. 

Drake's POV

I rolled over, feeling breathless. Alice laid on her side, asleep. I smiled softly at her. I placed a kiss on her temple before rolling out of bed. I was putting on my briefs when Pyrus came in. "She's asleep," I whispered to him. He nodded, "How do you feel?" "Tired, but I'll be fine," I told him. "Do you think you're up for it?" We were all concerned about his knee. We all knew he would push through the pain to help Alice get through her's, but we didn't want him pushing himself too hard. It could possibly do even more damage. "I'll be fine Drake," He told me with a smile. I pray he's right. I finished getting dressed while he undressed and laid down with her, so he would be there when she woke up. 

I stepped out of the room and found my mates in the media room, Qin asleep with his head in Cindy's lap. She had a very worried expression on her face. "What's wrong," I asked her. "Shelton hasn't come back yet," Cindy told me. "He dropped the twins off at his parents' a while ago, and he still isn't back yet. We've tried mind link, we've tried his cellphone, everything. Nathaniel is trying to see if he can find him. We would've told you sooner, but we don't want Alice to find out." Because if she did, she wouldn't care about her heat and grit her teeth through the pain until he was found. "Does Pyrus know," I asked her. She nodded, "Yeah." I nodded, "I'm going to join in the search to find him. "Please be careful," She said, her eyes filled with tears. I gave her a quick kiss before kissing Qin's forehead. I left and shifted to my dragon form to get a sky high view.

I flew in the direction of Shelton's parents'. I tried following the mating bond, but it felt blocked. I found his car, Nathaniel said through the mind link. I followed the bond to him and found Shelton's car in the worst state imaginable. The front end looked like he slammed into a brick wall. There was blood on the air bag. There were also four unknown scents. I popped open the trunk and grabbed the basketball shorts I kept there for emergencies. I put them on before we began to track the scent.

"Tell us where we can find it," a female voice said. "Go to hell," we heard Shelton say. We then heard the sound of a whip hitting flesh. Nathaniel and I saw red, and didn't hesitate to leap into action to save our mate. We found him surrounded by four women. He was shirtless, his back covered in the lashes from the whip. Nathaniel didn't hesitate to rip the hearts out of the two closest to him while I grabbed the third and snapped their neck.

"How did you find us," she asked, backing away. "I blocked his bond." Let's just say, that's a secret," Nathaniel told them, before moving forward. She lashed the whip at him, and it caught him in his left eye. His hand went to cover the wound, as blood dripped down his face. "Good luck recovering from that you leech, my whip is covered in a special toxin that I made when I harvested the blood from Realm Demons," She bragged with a smirk. My eyes went to Shelton's back, the amount of wounds he had from the very whip she hit Nathaniel with.

The ground began to rumble, and the trees began to move. It became clear that Qin had woken up and followed us. Dark clouds began to cover the area, with lightning. Qin stepped out of the woods clearly infuriated. Branches and vines shot out of the trees closest to her, wrapping tightly around her. Nathaniel and I rushed to help Shelton down. "I refuse to talk," the woman declared. Qin shrugged, "I do not care. You have been found guilty of treason. The punishment for that, is death." Spikes sprouted quickly from the vines and branches, piercing her body in many places, killing her instantly.

"How did you get here," Nathaniel asked him. "Cindy," he said and our genie poked her head out from behind a tree, hands covering her eyes to not see the blood. "We were worried and Qin insisted. We could feel your anger, and pain so we rushed over." Qin took Shelton from Nathaniel, a dark look in his eyes. We walked over to Cindy and she took us back to the castle. Nathaniel and Shelton were instantly taken by healers.

I looked at the amount of time we had been gone and knew it was time for someone to relieve Pyrus. Nathaniel won't take long to heal, but we have no clue how long it will take Shelton. We just had to keep our fingers crossed that Alice is too consumed with her heat to realize something was wrong. We don't need her playing the hero. "I'm gonna take over for Pyrus, you didn't get the chance to rest," Qin said before going to the room. Cindy took my hand, "Come on Mr. Dragon, let's get you cleaned up and fed." I couldn't agree more. I was covered in blood and dirt, and after pleasuring Alice for hours then shifting, I felt I could eat twice my weight.

After a shower and a meal, I went to check on Shelton and Nathaniel. Nathaniel had an eyepatch on his face, covering the eye that was injured. "What did the healers say," I asked, gesturing with my chin to his eye. "I'm permanently blind in this eye. The toxin fried my pupil and a few other muscles in my eye," he said, looking down at his lap. "Shelton's back is going to be forever scarred. One of the lashes had become so deep, she almost hit his spine." He then gave a humorless smile, "At least the flaming idiot won't be the only cripple." Its been years since he called Pyrus the flaming idiot. He was trying to make light of the situation, but it was hard. "Are you okay enough to help Alice," I asked him.

He shot his eye up to me with an intense glare, "My eye was wounded, not my dick." I flicked him in the forehead, "I meant mentally Nathaniel, not physically." He sighed, "I'm fine. It's going to take some adjustment, but I'm going to be fine. It could be worse." He had a point. One wrong move, and the twins would be orphans. Now question is, who were they? It was clear they weren't part of the rebels. They wore uniforms that seemed familiar, but I couldn't place them. Whoever they are, they're going to pay for what they did to our mates.