Chapter 21

Nathaniel's POV

It became a slaughter fest on the streets once hell broke loose. Pyrus threw his car into sport mode and began treating the streets as if he were in some racing game. We had to get to mountain, by any means necessary. Drake and Cindy informed us they made it via mind link and now we just had to get there. I had no clue where Sheldon and Alice were though. The mind link has been silent on their ends and it had us worried. The Alpha had his eyes closed in the back seat, a vein popping out. He also looked as if he were in pain. His pack were probably sending him panicked mind links, giving him a massive over load. I honestly didn't envy him. I don't know how he can handle his whole pack talk in his head like that. How did Alice handle it? She probably blocked it, like how she was blocking us right now. She needed to concentrate, So I don't blame her for the silence. Who knows where she is or what she's doing. 

"They're fine," Pyrus said calmly to me, not taking his eyes from the road filled with screaming people and crashed cars. "We've mated with Alice now, so we'll know if she gets hurt." I nodded, knowing he was right, but I just can't help but worry. "We've come so close to losing her several times," I told him, unable to fight the tears that filled my eyes. He sighed, "I know, but she's strong and wont go down without a fight. She'll be alright. And so will Sheldon." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, feeling so damn frustrated. "She's probably getting as many people as possible to pack and evacuate while Sheldon is doing council things trying to keep some kind of order in this fucked up time." 

Pyrus has always been able to look on the bright side of things, no matter how shitty. It was one of the things we loved about him. He was our warmth in the coldest of times. He then slammed on the brakes when we saw a hoard of demons blocking one of the roads out of the city. He drifted, and took his foot off the brakes and hitting the gas, shooting us down a side road. "Where the fuck did you learn to drive like that," The asshole in the back said, looking a little green. "You puke in my car, I'm gonna let the demons have you," Pyrus told him. He didn't really love his car like this, he just enjoyed having a reason to threaten the shit head, even if it's a petty reason. "As for my skills," Pyrus said. "Before getting mated, I took part in illegal street racing when I wanted to get away from my parents. Never thought this shit would come in handy." 

"How much further," He asked me and I looked at the map. "We have about an hour's drive, going North." He nodded and he turned down a residential road. He slammed on the breaks when he saw a bus with demons trying to push it over. Kids were inside screaming. A motorcycle with beautiful woman on the back came flying past us, sword in her left hand. She sliced through most of the demons. The rest, turned their attention towards her, chasing after her. 

Get the kids to safety, She told us. I'll catch up with you guys, I promise. I got out of the car and got to the bus. The kids were high schoolers. It was mixed of humans, witches, vampires, werewolves, and fae. "As you can see hell has been unleashed, and the supernatural have been outed. I am Prince Nathaniel from a vampire clan, several of your faces I recognize from gatherings and you know I speak true. My mate and I are going to get you guys to safety. It's best now to out yourselves to your friends to see if they accept you. I ask for no chaos on the bus though. All of you call your parents and tell them you're evacuating to a mountain North of here and will be welcomed." 

I got the bus driver to get up and took over. I followed after Pyrus in the streets, and I knew he was annoyed being left in the car with that asshole. I knew I would never hear the end of it at this rate. I then heard one of the girls scream. "What is that," They screamed. "It's a dragon shifter," A guy told her calmly. Suddenly Pyrus's car was being lifted by a dragon and then the bus. "Prince Nathaniel, what's going on," A timid voice asked me. I saw that the dragon carrying Pyrus's car was Drake. Was his parents carrying the bus? 

Just what did our mate do while riding around the city? "The dragons are friends. The one carrying the car in front is one of my mates," I told them. I parked the bus and turned it off. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called my mother. 

"Are you okay," My mother asked when she answered. "Yeah mom, I'm fine. Where are you and father," I asked her. "Alice came to us before everything went to hell. She gave us a map to the mountain. We gathered everyone we could in a timely manner. We made it to the mountain a little bit ago." My beautiful mate saved my parents. "She had even gone to your other mates's parents. Drake's brother and father had gone with him to try and help more cars get through. She's a good one, Nathaniel. They all are." I almost dropped my phone in shock. "You need to remind me to get her clan ring made so she can stop wearing yours." So it's official hell has frozen over and made itself known here on Earth. It all makes perfect sense. Okay that's not the reason this is all happening, but I just thought I'd try the theory out. 

"Are you still there," She asked sounding worried. "Ugh yeah. I just thought I'd hear you say you like my mates," I told her honestly. She sighed, "I was wrong, and so was your father. For that and all the trouble and strain we've caused, we're sorry." I smiled softly, "For me, it's water under the bridge, but I will not speak for my mates." "I understand," She told me. "We should be there soon," I told her. "I love you son," She said. "I love you too mom." 

I hung up and slipped the phone into my pocket. I owed my mate a kiss and so much more. She was truly something if she was able to change my parents. I just wonder how the rest of the parents reacted to her visit.