Prologue

jungwoo is an awkward lad. he grew up like this because of his overprotective mother who doesn't think anyone is good enough for her son so he decided he wanted to be away. he only applied to colleges in seoul so that he'll be able to live there (he used to live in daegu). his father agreed to finance him and his studies. jungwoo's parents separated because his father couldn't stand the mother being too possessive. jungwoo was able to convince her mom that he should move out before he starts to resent her. jungwoo now moved to an apartment near his university. although he is doing well academically,his social life wasn't that great. he wasn't bullied,more like nobody noticed his existence except for his neighbor who would always smile at him.

y/n was cheerful yet sassy and strong. jungwoo found her really pretty but he'd always see her with her boyfriend. he's always on his phone while y/n just looks at him like he's her whole world. this went on for months until he left her. y/n doesn't smile anymore.

jungwoo overheard before that she told her now ex boyfriend that she misses boston and their quiet neighborhood where they'd always get milk at their door.it doesn't happen in korea but jungwoo made it happen because he wants to see her smile again. and so begins jungwoo's little mission to see y/n smile again.