1

jungwoo was waiting for the elevator when y/n came out of her apartment and walked slowly towards the elevator while looking down. she just waited for the door to open,thinking to herself that if she accidentally slipped and fell on an empty elevator shaft,she wouldn't mind. meanwhile, jungwoo who was behind her just stood there quietly. observing her,still looking for her smile,hoping that she'd look at him again. she doesn't know this but he considers her his only friend even though his only response was smiling and nodding whenever y/n greeted him.

just like always,jungwoo would take the next bus after y/n. he's afraid to make conversation with her. he's on his 1st year in  humanities while y/n is in her 3rd year for business administration. which means they barely see each other in their university. y/n never asked because jungwoo just seems like he doesn't want to talk to anyone. y/n felt a little guilty for a while when she still had a boyfriend because she found him attractive. he was tall,taller than her ex and always smelled good. come to think of it she never heard him talk. he would always just nod and make a small smile which y/n found adorable.

"hey how ya feelin?" yerim,y/n's best friend asked.

"i'm fine." y/n said while looking down at her food which she barely touched.

"we'll be here if you wanna talk about it." hyera,other bestfriend said.

y/n's friends have been extremely considerate of her so y/n didn't wanna pester them with useless rants about her failed relationship.

from the corner of her eye she saw someone tall walk in the cafeteria.

the room across mine. it's him. y/n thought.

she wasn't surprised that he was alone,if she was in a better mood she would've accompanied him.

a few more hours passed and y/n headed straight home. she wondered if jungwoo was home when she got to her door and decided to knock. no one answered so she got inside her apartment and laid in her bed crying herself to sleep yet again and not bothering to eat.

jungwoo wasn't home yet cause he bought something on the way home. a few bottles of milk.

when he got home he placed the bottles in his refrigerator and set his alarm 1 hr earlier than usual so y/n would never catch him leaving the milk bottles.

morning came. he got excited about his little plan. he attached a sticky note to it. "have a great day!" it read.

jungwoo knocked at her door then sprinted to his room. after a few moments y/n came out with eyes half open and her hair sticking out. she saw the milk bottle on her doorstep and looked around but no one was there. she picked up the bottle and read the sticky note.

"have a great day" she read aloud. this made her smile a little.

jungwoo who was watching from his his door's peephole smiled too.