12

thursday came again and y/n is telling her friends to join them for lunch.

"you sure we can come?" yerim asked.

"yeah,he said it was fine." y/n said.

"well finally!we're gonna meet this precious dongsaeng of yours." hyera said.

"wait,who does he have lunch with besides you?" yerim asked.

"i dunno actually..." y/n replied.

the three of them were chatting at a table in the cafeteria when y/n saw jungwoo looking around innocently.

"jungwoo!" y/n waved then jungwoo smiled at her.

"that's him?" hyera said. "he's cute."

"yeah bitch,why didn't you tell us." yerim said then y/n just shrugged.

"annyeonghaseyo,i'm jungwoo." then he bowed 90 degrees.

"annyeong jungwoo." yerim and hyora both said then they fist bumped under the table. y/n who was in between them rolled her eyes.

"so jungwoo, you have a girlfriend?" yerim asked.

y/n slapped her shoulder.

"i don't have one." jungwoo said then smiled.

"boyfriend?" hyora asked then y/n slapped her shoulder too. jungwoo just shook his head while laughing.

"don't mind them jungwoo,they just find you cute." y/n said then the two girls yelled at her.

"YAH!"

y/n and jungwoo laughed.

"jungwoo,all four of us are gonna have lunch from now on okay?" yerim said then jungwoo nodded.

"we'll see you next thursday?" hyera asked.

"i'm not here next thursday we have that team building seminar for my department." jungwoo said.

"oh. that." yerim said. "we have that every year,it's fun but sometimes a little annoying."

"wait..." y/n said. "you need a roommate though,jungwoo,do you have any friends besides us?" 

jungwoo just shook his head.

"oof,you're gonna need one." hyera said.

"wae?" jungwoo asked innocently before sipping his juice.

"if you don't have a friend to pair up with for a room,they're gonna room you with a professor." yerim said and y/n nodded.

"well,if i don't have a choice then..." jungwoo shrugged.

the three girls were now in their classroom. the professor wasn't there yet so all the students are just chatting.

"he can get any girl with a face like that." hyera said pertaining to jungwoo.

"i know,but i'm also glad he's not one of those fuckboys." y/n said.

"that's true,it's very rare to see a good looking guy who is genuinely good these days." yerim sighed.

"but y/n,don't you think jungwoo likes you?" hyera said.

"ani,he's just a gentleman." 

"y/n,he looks at you differently though." yerim said.

"he likes me extra cause i'm closest to him." y/n defended.

"keep telling yourself that." yerim smirked.

"i dunno,i just happened to be the first girl he's ever been close with. i can't help but think that if he does like me,it's only because i'm the only one he sees as of now,what if in the future he becomes more open and ends up breaking up with me because he's found someone better." y/n explained.

"the fact that you thought that much ahead means you HAVE thought about you two being together." hyera said.

"it's just a brother-sister relationship." y/n said. 

"yeah right." yerim said.

y/n couldn't stop thinking about that conversation she had with her friends. they were right,she had thought about being with jungwoo but she'd rather have him there as a brother than something else cause if they do become a couple and end up breaking up,their friendship will be ruined as well. she wouldn't risk that. she was slowly approaching the gate and she could see jungwoo standing there while rubbing his hands together. 

she sneaked up behind him to surprise him. y/n tickled him from behind and jungwoo yelped.

"you scared me noona!" jungwoo exclaimed.

y/n just kept laughing and linked her arms with his so they could walk to the bus stop together.

jungwoo pov

what a dummy. i can see her shadow sneaking up behind me.

she doesn't know i'm such a good actor,oh well. atleast i get to hear that pretty laugh of hers.

sometimes i wonder if she hears my rapid heartbeat every time she links her arms with mine. and i also wonder if she will ever feel the same for me. i shouldn't get my hopes up. 

i like you,y/n. i wanted to say it right there but i know her heart still belongs to that sun woo guy.

when we got down on the bus y/n was rubbing her hands together. she's cute when she's cold. i took both of her hands and rubbed them between my palms then blew hot air.

"is that better?" i asked.

"neh." she giggled.

"we should find you a nice girl jungwoo" y/n suddenly said.

"what for?" i asked.

"don't you want a girlfriend?" she asked me. i put her hand in my pocket and held it there while we were walking.

"i don't think i really need one." i chuckled.

"it's nice to have someone yknow." she said.

"after seeing you cry so much over a guy,i don't think it's that fun." i said.

"yah!" she yelled then rolled her eyes.