11

"Happy birthday buddy!" y/n yelled when his little brother ran to her for a hug.

"you came!" jung bong,her little brother excitedly said.

y/n was close to her half brothers,even her step-mother.

"hi y/n!omygosh is that the dress i bought you?" Helen said. she was half korean and half american. she grew up in america that's why she uses the name Helen instead of her korean name.

"neh eomma,omo,jung hwan has gotten big now." y/n said as she pinched her little brother's cheeks while he was in his mother's arms.

"hi dad." y/n went to hug her dad.

"hey bud" her dad hugged her back.

y/n went to their home to celebrate jung bong's birthday since she wasn't able to attend the party yesterday. after eating,jung bong dragged y/n to his room to show her the presents he got for his birthday.

"where's you get this?" a film camera caught y/n's eye. it looked familiar to her. she was sure it was her dad's old camera...the camera she'd always ask for him but he never gave it to her. he said it was his favorite one.

"dad gave it to me,he said i should practice photography starting with film."

y/n eyes started to sting.

"can i take a look for a while?" y/n said then jung bong handed it to her.

while she was testing it out,y/n's dad knocked on the door. "hey guys,we have cheesecake downstairs."

"yay my favorite!" jung bong ran out of the room but y/n stayed while still holding the camera.

"y/n..."

"he just turned 6" y/n said.

"uhh yeah he's getting big now isn't he."

"i asked for this ever since mom died." y/n said while holding up the camera.

her father didn't say anything so she stormed out of the room.

"i'm sorry jung bong,i have to go. happy birthday again. noona loves you very much." she said then kissed her little brother's forehead before storming out the front door.

"y/n!" Helen called for her.

"sorry i have to go."

"y/n." her dad called while running down the stairs.

"y/n!what's the big deal?!" her dad yelled.

"do you really not know?!" she turned around and yelled back.

"it's just a piece of plastic." he said.

"that's not my issue dad,the thing here is i've been asking for that yet you always shrugged it off. he's 6 fucking years old!what the hell is he gonna do with that huh?!you never gave it to me because what?because you wanted to give it to your first son?it's because you didn't want a daughter in the first place isn't it?or i'm just not good enough."

"y/n it's not like that-"

"save it." y/n said then continued walking away.

y/n sat on the far end of the bus. trying yet again not to cry. a lot of things flooded her thoughts that she almost missed her stop.

when she got out of the elevator,jungwoo was at his door taking out his keys.

"oh noona!how was your brother's birthday?i-" jungwoo was cut off when y/n suddenly hugged her. he then realized that she was crying.

"twice in one week. did you see him again?" jungwoo asked as he was patting her head.

y/n just shook her head. jungwoo opened the door to his apartment then led her to the couch.

"i'll make some tea." jungwoo went to the kitchen to fix the tea while y/n was still sobbing.

after he finished,he went back to the living room and handed y/n a warm cup of tea.

"it's okay if you don't want to talk about it." jungwoo said softly and sipped his tea.

"h-he gave him the camera. i've always wanted it." she said while sniffling. jungwoo just listened.

"i'm not important to sun woo and i'm not important to my dad. i'm tired of always being given crumbs or leftovers." she cried harder.

jungwoo just listened while she cried her heart out.

y/n pov

i calmed down after a while. ah jinjja,why am i crying infront of jungwoo again? i think i'm getting to comfortable with him.

"mianhe jungwoo." i said while looking down.

"for what?"

"for being like this again." i said softly. it's embarrassing.

"if i was sad i'd run to you too,so when i do,let's call it even." jungwoo said then i chuckled.

he's a sweet dongsaeng and i really appreciate him.

"you can sleep in my room. i know you don't want to be alone." jungwoo said.

"omo!" i said while crossing my arms in my chest.

"aish,i'll sleep in the living room duh noona." jungwoo clicked his tongue at me.

"thank you." i said softly.

"gwenchana." jungwoo said then ruffled my hair.

he dragged me to his room then went out for a while. i peeked at his desk. there aren't any pictures of his family anywhere but there were a lot of drawings. i guess he likes sketching a lot.

he came back with fresh pillows and cleansing wipes.

"here." he handed it to me.

"you even have cleansing wipes." i giggled.

"neh,i'm always prepared. there's a disposable toothbrush in the sink." jungwoo said.

"thank you." i said then put the pillows down on the bed.

"goodnight noona." he said.

"good night."

he went out of the room then i went to the bathroom to get changed in the pajamas he lent to me.

it smells good. it smells just like him. i brushed my teeth and cleansed then went to bed.

well i guess we're really close now. i smiled to myself at the thought.