6

"noona." jungwoo suddenly said before opening his apartment door.

"hmm?"

"we're gonna have lunch tomorrow." jungwoo smiled.

"how can i forget?" y/n laughed.

"see you tomorrow." jungwoo said.

"see ya,lil bro"

y/n felt accomplished today. she had jungwoo saying complete sentences now.

jungwoo felt the same. he was becoming more comfortable with y/n now.

the next day

"jungwoo-yah!" y/n knocked three times.

jungwoo was already awake,he woke up much earlier cause he was excited for the day. he checked the time,it was 6:30.

he fixed his hair in the mirror before opening the door.

"good morning." he greeted.

"annyeong dongsaeng-ie" she said then held up a paper bag.

"let's have breakfast together"

she went inside the apartment and laid out the food on the counter.

"daebak. you apartment is tidier than mine." y/n said.

his apartment had nice furniture. his dad is pretty well off that's why he's doesn't have any problems financially,but he never really cared about that. he kept living a simple life.

"are you still going to have lunch with me later?" jungwoo asked.

"duuuhhh"

he smiled widely at her.

"wae?why woul we not have lunch all of a sudden?" she asked.

"nothing i just thought since we already had breakfast you might not want to eat lunch with me anymore."

"ani,i'm reserving thursdays for kim jungwoo." y/n said.

while jungwoo was getting plates,y/n decided to open his fridge cause she wanted water.

"wai-" jungwoo tried to stop y/n from opening his fridge.

y/n was surprised at the sight. the bottom half of his fridge was filled with milk bottles.

"mianhe" jungwoo whispered.

"why are you sorry?"

"i shouldn't have done that." he said reffering to his little stint of leaving milk on her doorstep while rubbing the back of his neck.

y/n walked over to him and hugged him.

"gwenchana,you're a good lil bro. this really cheered me up." jungwoo couldn't hug her back cause he was holding plates on one hand and utensils on the other.

while they were eating jungwoo suddenly had the urge to ask her something personal. he was overthinking how to ask her. she noticed his body language cause he suddenly stopped eating and was just staring at her plate.

"you wanna ask me something?" y/n said.

"neh"

"shoot." y/n said before taking another bite of her pancake.

"why do you live alone noona?"

"oh that." y/n sat properly so she could explain.

"my mom died when i was in highschool and my dad remarried so i have two little half brothers now. i asked him to get me an apartment near the university cause the commute would be too long from our house." y/n explained. "why were you so nervous to ask me that?" she added.

"it might be too personal." jungwoo admitted. "and sorry about your mom"

"gwenchana.but how about you why do you live alone?" y/n asked. his reason was a bit more complicated than hers. he bit his lower lip,unsure if he should open up to his new friend.

"it's alright if you don't wanna tell me." she ruffled his hair.

"my dad is supporting me also.." jungwoo started which made y/n smile. she put down her fork and listened to him more intently.

"my parents are divorced but my dad agreed to support my studies and living expenses. i wanted to move away from my mom cause she was suffocating me." jungwoo looked down.

so that's why. y/n thought.

"your mom shouldn't worry,you have a big sister to take care of you now." y/n grinned.

thank you. he thought.

they continued eating their breakfast and headed to school together.