Secrets Out

"Valeria!"

"Valeria!"

I hummed and just turned around the bed. I was so tired that it's not even funny. I stayed up late with Ruby watching scary movies all night.

"Val, aye dios mio!" The door of my room opened and i heard stomping.

"5 more minutes." I grunted. I pulled the covers over my head and then went back to sleep.

"VAL YOURE LATE!" I jumped off my bed and I ran to the bathroom to do a quick morning routine. I went back to my room and grabbed some clothes and shoved my books in my backpack. "Hurry up!" Willy yelled from the kitchen.

"Im trying!" I shoved my feet into my shoes, grabbed my soccer bag and we headed out. I saw so many text from Jamal and Ruby, where was I? Was i going to school? Was i okay.

"I woke you up this morning." Willy was speeding down the road.

"I know. I just over slept okay." I made it to school with 20 minutes until the bell rang. I ran out the car. I saw Jamal waving at me. I smiled at him, i saw his eyes widen.

"Val! Your shoes!" Willy ran out the car and gave me my soccer shoes. He realizes what he did. Jamal's jaw dropped to the ground. "Ah shit. Im sorry."

"I got this." I ran to Jamal. "Jamal wait!" I grabbed his backpack and he started to panic.

"Willy's a Santo!" He yelled and I covered his mouth.

"Yes! You cant tell anyone!"

"Lady i cant keep one secret!"

"Im a santo too." His eyes widen.

"Val!"

"I had to say it! Nobody can know." He started to shake his head. "Jamal i trust you, you cant tell anyone, give me until tonight to tell Monse and Ruby. Please."

"I cant believe you were a Santo!"

"Keep your voice down!" I sighed and i held his arms. "If you can keep this football secret from your parents, so can keep this from them okay."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Did you join?"

"Family." I sighed. "Cesar knows, so dont worry about that." I rubbed my cheeks and looked at him. "Dont tell Monse, not even Ruby, let me do it."