Father Goose

"Let me introduce you to the artist formerly known as Lil Ricky

"Let me introduce you to the artist formerly known as Lil Ricky."

Jamal had gathered us at Rubys place to show us what he had discovered. It was awkward since me and Ruby havent talked ever since that night, he said he wasn't mad but he was upset by the way he looked at me. What was even more awkward was i was sitting next to him, I've tried apologizing, he would say it's whatever and leave it as it is.

"Currently known as father goose. When he's not launching gangs, hes launching the careers of privileged preteens. Exhibit A!" He clicked onto the next slide, showing us the video of lunch money, which is getting really annoying now, Father Goose started to rap the most nonsense of rhyming about jack and jill. "If exhibit A isn't convincing enough, i gave you exhibit B." He played another bad song of his, now about the three blind mice. Mostly all his songs were about nursery rhymes. "He can hide his face, but he can't hide his busted ass flows. See addendum A of exhibit B: Lil Rickys old mixtape." Jamal pulls out his radio and played Lil Rickys tape. My eyes widen, we might have him. Father Goose might be Lil Ricky. Everyone was looking at each other, confused but stunned.

"Okay, you win. You're the leader." Jasmine surrenders her place. Jamal smiles. "Now take us to the promised lands."

"We trust you." I said as I crossed my arms.

"Meh."

"So whats next, fearless leader? Do we call Rosé?" Monse asks.

"Rosé's been protecting Lil Ricky for all these years, so theres no way she'd hook us up with him. Luckily, as usual, I'm way ahead of you losers." Ouch. "Exhibit C! Father goose's record label. We set up a meeting, snap a pic as proof of life, send said a pic to Cuchillos, who could take it from there. Here we go." Jamal started typing, he then pulls out his phone and calls the label. He cleared his throat. "Hi, this is Jamal Turner calling for Father Goose." He used a fake voice. "Im a producer. Yep, im calling to set up a meeting. I just need 5 minutes with the Goose. He'll know what it's about. Fantastic. Appreciate you, ma." He hangs up and looks at us. It might've worked. "Yeah that's not gonna work." I rolled my eyes. We all sighed. We sat there, coming up with ideas, snacking, and drinking soda.

"What if we track him down through his artist?" Jasmine suggested.

"There are no bad ideas in brainstorming, expect that one." Jasmine looks at Jamal with anger.

"Cant we just google a picture and send it to Cuchillos?" Cesar tells him.

"If we wanna see his face, we gotta get a face to face. Ruby, burn me." Jamal gets close to Ruby.

"Your breath hovers between spoiled milk and fecal cake." Thats disgusting. He has a girlfriend, she's into that? Jamal stand up, from the burn he just got.

"Okay, as your leader, I recognize my failure in not being explicit in my directive. Ruby, please give me the burner phone so that I can take a photo of Father Goose and send it to Cuchillos."

"Do you really wanna be responsible if we're wrong?"

"Im not wrong."

"That doesnt sound to convincing." I said.

"Maybe you should keep the phone. I have enough on my plate." I rolled my eyes.

"Well we gotta be careful. Another wrong move and she could hurt us." I heard the door open and we saw Mrs. Martinez coming in with the groceries.

"Well, I'm going to hurt someone if I dont get help with these groceries." We all got up and helped her. We went to the kitchen. I went to grab an item, Ruby dig in, we touched hands and we pulled away. Monse and Jasmine started to notice our behavior. "Thank you guys. Oh mijo! I ran into your cousin Emilio at the store and he said that he needed at date for his friends quince. A girl that would make him look good on the dance floor." She looked at me as I put away the oranges. "Hey Valeria, do you mind just going for him?" I slowly looked at Ruby. "Ruby, you dont mind letting Valeria being his date for one night?" Ruby and I looked at each other.

"Sure whatever. She can make her own choices. Its not like its gonna hurt me." I sighed. This is how  its gonna be like. Hm. "Its not like he's gonna tell her hes loves her." Oh wow.

"Im down!" I faked a smile. "Have him snap me. Or even slide into my dms." I played along.

"I dont know what that means, but okay? I already gave him your number." Oh wait? Really? Ruby shot a look at me.

"Guys i got him!" Jamal yells out. We all ran back to the living room. "I figured out how we're going to get him." Mrs Martinez walks by. "Get him those donations he needs." He lies. "To help feed those hungry orphans in Botswana." She left. "Olay check it out. we're going to track Father Goose down through one of his artists." I frowned. Didn't Jasmine come up with that?

"Is that what i just said?" Jasmine yells at him. Jamal stayed silent.

"Im a benevolent leader, so I'll share the credit." Jasmine hums in annoyance.

"Hey Riches Bitches, its me Ainsley Riches. We're on day two of three of the Lunch Money remix shoot. I cant say much, but I can tell you it's going to be muy delicioso." He showed us her insta story.

"We need to get to that shoot."

"Okay, how? We have no idea where the shoot is at." I told him. Jamal looks down.

"What was that Jamal? Ainsley tagged the location?" Jasmine fakes a gasp. "Wow, so smart of you to notice."

"Thank you. If there are ever any co-leadership opportunities, consider yourself considered."

"Theres no way we're going to be able to just walk onto a set." Ruby tells him. Jamal had a smirk. I dont like that smirk.