Cuchillos

"Let me go asshole!"

I screamed as I kicked one of them. They set me down in a chair. Act cool Val, dont show them that you're scared. I heard a clap. They removed our bags from our heads. I gasped. I fixed my hair. How dare they.

"Please take a drink. Hydrate." The women said as she points at the cups. We all chugged that shit. "Let me know if its too strong." I frowned.

"Is what too strong?" Ruby asked.

"The poison." We all spit that water out hella quick. She laughs. "Im joking. Im joking." We went back to drinking. "Poison doesn't have a taste." We all spit it out again. I just set the cup down. Nope, not taking any chances here. "Maurice, please get my guest more water. I was being mala."

"Uh we appreciate your sense of humor, but in all seriousness, whatever your husband thinks we did, we can explain." Jamal told her.

"My husband?"

"B-boyfriend?"

"I answer to no one, let alone a man. I am-"

"Cuchillos, heir to the Santos." Cesar and I finished.

"So you're both smarter then you look."

"Cuchillos? As in knives?" Monse said.

"Dont look so scared. I brought you here to thank you."

"For what?" Ruby chokes.

"For helping to take down the prophet$. We thought we might get a handful, but to wipe out the entire operation? What a feat! I thought, who are these kids? How clever they must be, to find the Rollerworld money." We all looked at Jamal. "Im gonna tell you a secret. I was with Benito, Frankie, Chico and lil Ricky that night." What?! No! You weren't mentioned in my dad book! Jamal didn't find you!

"No!" Jamal gasps.

"Who do you think came up with the plan?"

"Lil Ricky wasnt the mastermind?" She shakes her head no.

"I dont buy it. There was no trace of you in my investigation."

"Of course not, and for good reason. Because behind every good man is a better woman." Me and Monse nodded. That is true. "So now, i need your help again." She pulls out the money bag. "If you were clever enough to find the Rollerworld money, i know you can help me with something even more important, and if you do, ill give you back the dough." We all looked at her. "Lil Ricky and Chico are alive." My heart sunk. Everyone looked at me. I busted out laughing.