Heartbroken

I went back to Rubys

I went back to Rubys. I knocked on the door and he saw me. He just opens the door and hugs me. We didn't say word.

"Hey, Jacky, its Val, listen, I think Willys in danger. And i cant get the hold of him. I just need to know that you're okay. Okay? Call me back." I hung up the phone. I sat on Rubys bed.

"Anything?" He walks in.

"Straight to voicemail." I put down my phone. "What if she got Jacky and Luis?"

"Dont say that." He grabs my hands. "You said shes at her sisters right?" I nodded. "Maybe she's busy. She'll call."

"They can take out anyone. Your bloodline, and then they take out everyone you love." I brushed my hair back. "Thats what they do." I looked at the ground. "He told me he loved me." I sighed. The curse. Then, the phone rang. The phone. It was from Cuchillos. I texted everyone to get her now and fast. Jamal came last, and we panicked.

"Cuchillos texted us."

"Then that means that she's still alive and Spooky and Lil Diablo are..." i closed my eyes. I dont even want to imagine it.

"How do we even know it came from her? Anyone can text on any phone."

"How are my five little sleuths? Tick-tock." Ruby reads the text. "Who else would say that? Im so sorry compa." Ruby holds my hand. "Princesa..." i just looked away.

"You were right. That we're all just sitting ducks." Cesar softly said. "So we gotta pack some shit and hide."

"Where?" I asked.

"Anywhere she wont find you. And we should split up. We cant make it easy for her to get us. Figure out where you're gonna go and go." I looked down. I have nowhere to go. I cant stay here with Jacky, she'll find me.

"I,uh, i have some family in Long Beach." Ruby said.

"I can stay at my old babysitters house. She lives in San Diego now." Jamal gasps.

"I know a bunker in Pasadena." We all looked at him. "What!"

"That would've helped Cesar months ago."

"I just got off the wait list."

"Ill be at sunshine motel." Everyone looked at me. I gulped.

"Where will you be?"

"I got nowhere." I choked. "You have family, a bunker, a old friend, money for a motel and ive got...me." I softly whispered. "I'll figure it out."