Tia Val

"We have a guest

"We have a guest."

Willy announces as he opened the door to my room. I sat up, pushing up my glasses, closing my textbook. Cesar appears behind him.

"Hey." Cesar waves.

"Umm, I know I shouldn't even keep you here, but I cant imagine you being outside and nowhere to go." Willy started. Since he's a Santos, best friends with Oscar, its forbidden. "Just try to keep it on the low okay?" We both nodded. I let Cesar in, dropping his bag by the door.

"Come sit." I patted the empty spot on my bed. "Welcome to the Zapata casa." I moved my textbook to the floor. Cesar chuckled. "You should've asked you know. I got you, you're like a brother to me."

"The prophet$ knew I was at Jamals, then Monse came home, Ruby's mom didn't want me there, I dont blame her. Then when Monses dad came to talk to to Willy, and he accepted." He huffs. "Thanks." I patted his arm.

"No problem." We spent the night catching up on homework. When we finished, we got to catch up on stuff.

"So, how are things with Ruby?" He asked as I put on a mask on him.

"Going great actually. I never knew being together would bring us closer. He is such an amazing guy. Whenever im with Ruby, he makes me feel like im in heaven." I smiled to myself.

"Im glad, you always eyed him. I was gonna say when you both were gonna be together." I laughed. I didn't want to bring up Monse. He didn't deserve to say what he said to her at the dance. "What does this do?" He points at the mask.

"Get rid of your blackheads." I said as I peeled mine off. "You got a lot." He smirks. It was time for bed. I took Cesar to my dads room.

"Your dads?" He said as he picked up a photo frame of him and us as kids.

"Yeah. You can make yourself at home." I said as i closed the door. "Good night Cesar."

"Night Val."

Next Day

There was gonna be a crew meeting. I decided to have it in my room since Willy and Jacky left for the day. Ruby and Jamal came.

"Hey." They said. They look at Cesar as he came out of my dads room.

"You slept here?" Ruby said with a sassy tone.

"Willy said I could stay." Cesar smiled.

"He slept in my dads room." I whispered to him. I lead them to my room. More space for us than the living room. Monse then came.