Messed Up

"Ill be ready in 10 minutes

"Ill be ready in 10 minutes."

Jasmine called as she got ready to Monse's mothers funeral. She had asked us to come, of course we said yes, we couldn't leave her like that. I was already ready, i thought to myself, just stay at Rubys until shes done, he has been scared since the tire incident and maybe me being there with him will give him some type of happiness. I grabbed my phone and headed out. I jumped as I saw Celia, standing in front of the yard.

"What do you want?" I growled. "Actually, I dont care, i dont got time for you, im going to my boyfriends." I walked away from her.

"Boyfriend? Who? Cesar?" I nearly gagged.

"what no ew! Anyways Willy isnt here. Just go back to your other family and dont come back, specially when Im here." She grabbed my arm. My eyes widen.

"Valeria, your father-"

"Dont talk about him. You have no right." I yanked my arm away. "He hated you, the night you left, the next day, all your stuff was in the trash."

"Chico and I-" she stutters. "Its grown up business." I scuffed.

"Grown up business?" I walked closer to her. "Celia you know nothing about growing up. You left your family, have a drinking problem. If money is what you want, then money is what you'll receive. Come back when I turn 18, ill give it to you. If you even remember my birthday."

"Well i guess its a deal." She nods.

"Do you even care about us? My life was going semi peaceful until you came back." I started to go off. "Are even sorry?" I licked my lips. "Sorry that you done nothing for this family, leaving your kids behind? Why did you have to come back, why." I cried. "You know, everyday when you left, i blamed myself. What was so wrong with me, that you had to leave."  She didn't say anything. "I wished you died. And every mothers day, when i was a kid, i was forced to make you a card, telling you how much I love you but I was just writing lies. Why would I write a card for her while she doesn't love me."

"Valeria." She whispers.

"Did you even love me? Did you even say those words to me as a kid?" I wiped my tears. "You had missed the best years of our lives, missed growing up with us. Because of you, Im scared to love anyone because they might leave, like you." Jasmine came out of her house and saw me. "I dont ever want to see you again. If you care, just a little, please, dont come back again." She placed her hand on my cheek. I took a deep breath. I then slapped it away from me and went to Jasmine. I got in her car and we drove off.

"Your mom?" She asked as I stared at the window. I just nodded.

"Lets not talk about it okay." We made it to Brentwood, already there was a bunch of people inside the big home. Jasmine got a call from Jamal and I went inside. "Hey." I said as I saw Monse. I hugged her. "Im sorry."