Valentines Dance

"No!"

"No!"

I screamed as I saw the black eye i got. How does it get so purple!? I groan as I touched it. I walked to my makeup vanity and tried to cover it up but it just looks awful! I banged my head on the table. And now im late. I rushed out the door and saw Ruby and Jamal as we got in the door of hell.

"Princesa! What happened to you!?" Ruby yelled as he examined my eye.

"Damn girl, who you pick a fight with?" Jamal eeks.

"Its nothing! Luis and I were playing and he accidentally hit me." I lied. I laughed it off, hopefully they wont ask anymore questions. "Jamal! Hows having Cesar over?"

"We're like Ying and yang."  Jamal says.

"Really? You and Cesar?" Ruby questioned. I walked with the boys as I held onto Rubys arm.

"Yeah! No one would guessed. But we're like...siamese fraternal twins giving each other hugs in the womb. Its wonderful!" I choose not to believe it. Knowing Cesar, he wont like that one bit. "I finally have a brother. Someone who gets me. Someone who stays up all night and debates Martin versus Tolkien." Tolkien is way better. "Marvel versus DC." Marvel ALL THE WAY! "I back him up and he backs me up. Thats just how we roll. We're tight! Like Trump and Putin." And you just lost me at Trump. Orange headass. "Not without telling him much he means to me." He saw Cesar. "Hermano!" He yelled. By the way Cesar turned, he wasn't having it. "Herrrr-manoo!"

"I have to let you go, i got practice." I told Ruby.

"Ill see you after."

"Jesus Val, what happened?" Monse told me.

"Luis. No big deal! Gotta go!" I panic and ran out. I ran to the fitting room and put on my gear. I tied my shoes.

"Oh hey Marisol!" I greeted. She looked up.

"Val!" We hugged. "Isn't this great?"

"Whenever im on the field, I feel unstoppable." I laughed. She looked at my eye. "My baby nephew."

"Ahhh." She smiles. "So did Ruby ask you to the valentines dance?"

"We're actually going with our friends." I nodded. We grabbed our bags and headed outside to the field. We placed our stuff on the side and took a lap. "Its not a big deal."

"You guys havent gone official right?"

"We have! We just want to keep it on the down low." We got in line. We saw all our other players. "Um, wheres Margarita?" The whole period, we warmed up, set up, practiced shooting, and then we played a little one on one. Of course my team won, because of me! It was time to hit the showers.