Goodbye Mano

We spent a whole day at school without Monse

We spent a whole day at school without Monse. I had to take care these two ninos since all day they been nagging and bothering me. I needed Monse. It was strange, and it wasn't like her. We've called and text but nothing. I had a meeting, and We agreed to go to Monses to see how shes doing.

"Why weren't you at school today?" I asked as we were in her room. "You never miss school." Monse was in her bed, didnt move an inch.

"What going on?" Jamal asked her. She didnt respond. We all looked At each other.

"Its going to be okay." Ruby comforts her. "We'll find him."

"Hes dead." She whispers. My eyes fell. "Cesars dead." We just stood there, not knowing what to say next. We shortly left after she didnt say anything else.

"I feel bad for her." I said through the phone with Ruby. "I know he's not dead." I fixed my sheets for bed.

"Cesar's strong. I know he's safe." I sighed. "Princesa, its okay." The sound of his voice calmed me down. Made me feel safe in a way. "Anyword on Willy?"

"He's going on a run with Spooky later. It weird not having him around."

"He'll be back." Then we got a text from Monse, saying that we need to meet at her house now. "See you in a minute." We both hung up. I put on my chanclas and snuck out of the house. I waited for Ruby. He brought me a sweater and wrapped it around me as we headed to Monses. Jamal was already there and we headed in. Once we got to her room, it was Cesar. I ran into his arms.

"Im so happy you're okay." I pulled from the hug. We all sat in a circle, talking to Cesar.

"What about your brother? Maybe he can help." Ruby suggested.

"Spookys done with me. Not even Willy can help me. Its over." Cesar told him. Thats not Willy. It cant be. He loves Cesar. He's like a little brother to him.

"So what now?" Monse asks.

"I disappear." Cesar tells us, looking down. "Leave for good. Thats the only way to keep Latrelle away and keep us all safe."

"But what if you go to the cops?"

"And tell them what? That i was going to kill Latrelle, but the gun jammed?"

"Good point." Cesar sighs. "But if you redact the kill and the gun parts, the maybe-"

"My only option is to get out of town."