Disapoint

"Like you have a better idea!"

Ruby sasses.

"I thought we'd take the honest approach and explain our sitch." They boys faked a laugh.

"Like honesty ever works!"

"Which is why we cam up with something better." Jasmine coughs, preparing her voice. "Hi Chivo! We're with the Freeridge High Band, reaching out to Band Buddy Alumni for donations!" Jasmine used her high pitch voice, while Monse and I smiled. "Once we're inisde is house, he'll tickle my instrument and release his spittle into my awaiting cup." My eyes widen, Val get your mind out of the gutter! Ohhhh i cant unsee that! Jamal and Ruby dropped the jaws, disgusted and shocked just like me.

"The lengths youll go to win!"

"We are really crossing lines here people!" Monse and Jasmine rolled their heads.

"Im not talking sex. I am talking sax!" I showed them the saxophone case.

"How do you even know he was in a band?" Jamal questions us. Jasmine chuckled as she pulled out an old year book, showing the page that Chivo was on.

"Because real leaders not only lead, but the follow leads and find yearbooks."

"Spoken like a true leader." Monse smiles.

"She knows whats up." I nodded.

"Oh so now the person you voted 'most annoying' is your new leader?" Monse and I chuckled from nervousness. He really called us out.

"Whatttt? Nooooo!" I sang looking at Jasmine.

"Hyperbole? Hyperbole." Monses voice cracks. "Jasmine is annoying when you look through the prism of patriarchy. Ive got new glasses, and Jasmines a strong woman who get shit done, so Jasmine, you're my leader."

"Yeah, what she said, cause Jasmine knows whats up. Girl power." I put my fist up.

"Feminists." Jamal whispers as he rolled his eyes. I squinted my eyes. Then Jamal and Jasmine started to argue. Ruby and I walked off.

"So that fight?" I chuckled softly. "Did you win?"

"Basically." He touched my bruised cheek.

"What are you getting into mi reina?"

"Just everything with Cuchillos and my dad, i- i just dont know." He kisses me. As he kissed me, every thought went away. It was much needed. "I needed that."