Handled

"Handled!"

"Handled!"

Jamal yells as Spooky and Willy told us what they said to Cuchillos. We had told the two since they're closer to her and well, their our brothers.

"What do you mean handled? Handled could mean anything. Handle with care. Manhandled. Twitter handle."

"Yeah cause Spooky and Willy is setting Cuchillos up with a twitter handle." I said rolling my eyes.

"There are handles that handle every-"

"Enough!" Spooky yelled.

"Are you sure about this?" Monse asks the two Santos. "We're talking about taking a life here."

"Or yours, mine, everyones." Willy growled.

"And yet you work for her."

"Worked. Past tensed." Spook steps up. "Shes out of control. Its never been this bad before. And its all for nothing. Putting you kids in the middle of her crazy vendetta...shits messed up. And she doesnt give a damn. She doesnt give a shit about no one. Even those most loyal to her. Like our dad." Cesar looks up at Spooky. "Made him take the fall back in the day. But her times up. Shes taking a meeting shes not walking out of."

"Oh." Jamal gasps. "Handled."

"You guys need to keep yourselves busy starting now." Willy tells us. "Go somewhere you'll be seen. A place with lots of cameras, like a mall."

"I hate malls. Dying industry. I shop everything online." Jamal sighs. Are you serious?

"Wherever you are, use your phone. Just dont use it to call me or lil diablo."

"How do we know when its been handled?" Ruby asks. Spooky picks up his phone.

"I'll hit up Cesar."

"And ill text Valeria." We all sat there quietly. "Val." Willy takes me to the other room.

"How do we know that this is gonna work? If you-"

"Its going to work hermanita." He places his hand on my cheek. "Ill be okay." He looks at me, just like the day he told me not to look at my father's 'dead' body. Him telling me to only focus on him, only him.

"I cant lose you. Not you. You're all i have."

"Ill be home before you know it." He kisses my head.