Chapter 5

Same Day
8:40 PM

Iman Martial POV

The entire day Alina and I were together. She wouldn't let me out of her arms at all. We watched Christmas movies while laying buy her fireplace. We are watching the old Grinch.

"Wait pause it the broth for the ramen should be done now." Alina got out the long thick blanket we were underneath. "Do you want it spicy or not."

"Spicy please." I looked up and saw her with these two big bowls. So I got up and helped her.

"Wow, I've had many bowls of ramen, but this looks amazing." I said.

"You had ramen before and I'm not talking about the orange packs

"You had ramen before and I'm not talking about the orange packs." I've grown to love her laugh.

"Yes actual ramen. Where I used to live way back then, there were some ramen shops. There were owned by actual Asians. My favorite was this Korean lady that owned one. I went there every Friday just to have some of her ramen. Eventually she wanted me to create my own bowl and let me name it. it was Senpai Iman. I couldn't think of anything better then. She said it was the most popular item because of the sweet and spice glazed thin slices pork." I drink some of the broth first before eating. It was actually really good.

"Senpai Iman." Alina laughed a bit.

"Don't laugh okay I was young then. " I pouted. She just kissed my lips. This is the first time we actually kissed. Alina just looked away and smiled a bit.

" Do you remember how you made it?" she said before eating some noodles.

I cleared my throat "Yes, surprisingly I just need the ingredients." I said.

"Well, maybe one day you could make it for me." Maybe I would though.

I just nodded and began to eat my ramen, Overall, Alina can cook, I don't see why she have a cook. Then again that he isn't here that much. I'm really enjoying this ramen while watching the Grinch. Alina is really trying to prove to me that she isn't like the others, and its working a bit.

After finishing the bowls of ramen we still just laid in each other arms. Me being the big spoon and her being the small one.

"Can you tell me more about your grandparents." she asked.

"Yeah. They knew my parents didn't like me. Both sets of grandparents did. They both would have me over the weekend treating me right. Like the boy in Home Alone, they left me at home by myself. Spring break, summer break, winter break, they would have the vacations without me. I stayed with my grandparents those times. They were the best ever. I know what you are thinking, why didn't I just live with them. Well I couldn't, they wouldn't allow it. I got older I bought me a phone to use. I called them all the time when they were away doing something with my siblings. During Christmas they always invited us over for Christmas. Even when my parents refused to go, they still came over to the house. Everything they would buy me, my older brother and sister would take it. They didn't care if our grandparents bought it for me. I've heard plenty of times my grandparents called them ungrateful selfish people."

I stopped and started to tear up. Five whole years without them in my life because of my parents. Five years of being use, and beaten like I wasn't a human. I just started to breathe heavily and sighed.

"I looked forward to seeing them. Now I don't even know if they are alive. I miss then so much. My first blunt was with my grandparents and my first drink. I learned to like the taste of aged scotch, and whiskey. That was both my granddad's thing. Then I learned a lot about Cuban cigars too. Not saying those were good decisions, but my mentality was of a working, stressed out, older person. If anybody was in my position at the time, they would understand." I moved the blanket off of me and lifted up my shirt.

(This is more of an under boob type of tattoo that kind of goes down to the belly button

(This is more of an under boob type of tattoo that kind of goes down to the belly button. So this is above the two gun tattoo)

"These two gun tattoos represented my granddads. These are technically like their guns they had. I shot both of them over New Years when I was 17. This eagle here with the arrows in it just mean that I wont be broken. I don't know about it now, but it meant something for me when I got it. To me now it shows that I'm still strong regardless of what I've been through."

Alina started rubbing on the tattoos that are the guns. Since I always stayed in shape, I have a v-line. Her hand were cold a bit, but warmed up to my skin. The tension between us is strong, but none of us wants to make the first move.

"I'm going to clean this us." I said softly.

I got up then took the bowls to the kitchen. I looked that the clock and see that it is getting late. Right now its around 10:30. I walked back to the living room.

"Let's get some sleep, Alina." She lifted her arms up signaling me to pick her up. "Such a baby."

Alina laid her head on my chest after she hit it, "Nobody told you to be this strong."

I took her upstairs to her bedroom and laid her down in her bed. Once I laid her down, but then she pulled on my arm.

"Can you stay?" She said.

I got into bed with Alina and she came closer tome. She just laid her head on my chest and held on to me. This is the firsttime that I'm laid in her bed. It is quite comfortable to be honest. Maybe thisis a start of something new.