Chapter 47

November 10
9:30 P.M
Justus's Art Studio

Iman Martial POV

Justus and I went out early today to get the canvas ready. Alina tagged along seeing the first step of the process of painting. After getting the canvas order, the company is going to send it to us tomorrow or a few days. The entire day it was really just Alina and me, but I remembered to get things done.

-

"Babe, oil my back up a bit please," I said to Alina. She grabbed a bottle of baby oil and started rubbing it in on my back.

Justus looked at me, "Are you sure you want to go through with this?"

He knows my answer because I have told him so many times now. "Justus I know what I'm doing okay. This is something that I want to do. If there are consequences for my actions, then I'm ready to take them head-on. I'm not going to live in this state of fear anymore. This is my story, and I will tell it."

Alina supports me one hundred percent with this idea that I will do. I understand she has her concerns, but she has to set that aside. I previously had my tattoos re-inked, so they would look good for the photographs. Also, I did get my hair cut too. It is short, but it's still enough hair that Alina could pull. Although Justus is an astonishing artist, he did take some years in photography.

Justus placed some lights around me so that the oil could reflect. "Alright, let's get this show on the road."

I got into the pose that I wanted to do, and he began snapping pictures. Hearing the camera go off every time he snapped a photo, and stay in the one position when by in a matter of ten minutes.

-

"Okay, come look at these now," I went over to the mac computer he as set up here and looked at the photos.

They all looked amazing in my opinion, but I need to look at them from an artist's point of view. Looking at the angles, and all the other aspects, there are only a few that made the cut.

"These would do," I told him.

Justus printed out some so that I could start, for now, then he is going to get these professionally developed.

"You are all set, Iman. I'll get these refined, and will give you these tomorrow or in a few days," he told me.

I put my sports bra back on, then my shirt, "Thanks, man."

With that he left his art studio, leaving Alina and me here.

"So this is where you go to most of the time to paint ," Alina said.

I watched her walk around looking at some of the paintings I have here. I'm stocking up some paints for when I do an art show. I have a different project in the making that she hasn't seen yet.

"Yes, majority of the time. If I don't do it at home, then I am here, "I told her. "Have you ever thought about doing some art? I could teach you how to make some things."

Alina looked at me and smiled at me. "I don't know baby, it is more of your thing."

Alina is wearing an old sweatshirt of mine from so long ago. My grandparents stored a lot of the clothes I used to wear. The sweatshirt she has on is my Pawpaw's army sweatshirt. He purchased it for me at the time, and it was too big for me. He always got my sweatshirts way to big, but I found comfort in them. The sweatshirt had blunt, and cigarette burned holes in it, and pretty much a worn look on it.

"Come on, baby. I could teach you how to make something out of clay," I said. I knew where Jus kept some clay sand, and I was going to make some.

"You sure he would be okay with it," Alina said.

"Baby he is," I grabbed a gallon bucket and scooped some clay sand in it. After I did that, I poured some water in it and began kneading it into clay.

Justus had a little set up here for pottery. I filled another bucket up with water and carried it over there. I sat down on a small stool and placed one in front of me.

"Sit here, baby," Alina blushed a bit and came over to me.

"Roll your sleeves up, this does get messy," I told her.

I got closer to her back and started the pottery wheel. It is a pretty big pottery wheel that he got custom made. I started it up with my foot and put some clay on there. Alina squealed in excitement when I created the shape of it. I grasped her hands and set them on the clay. Adding a bit of water, I began to help her make a small pot. With me firmly pushed up against her back, and my head on her shoulders, she was focused on the clay. I kissed her cheek as the pot slowly taking its form.

No POV

With the dimmed lights, and the lighting from the Boston's nightlife just is a perfect scenery for both of them. Alina is thinking about how lucky she is to have Iman, even though the way they met wasn't ideal. Either way, she is still happy about it. Now being pregnant, she believes nothing could ruin her happiness. For Iman, the moment couldn't be even more perfect. Years of being told nobody would love her, then hearing someone is out there that will love her was confusing. Her parents, owners, and the people's words stuck with her the most.

Now actually feeling the love from Alina made all her dark times better. Iman grew to love the sight of Alina in her clothes. Most of the time it is her old sweatshirts, and shirts. A lot of them held good memories in them. Some held bad ones but often turned into good ones. One thing that constantly ran through her mind is, what if they take me again. Now with a baby or babies along the way, it's now a more pronounced statement.

Iman shook that thought out her head and focused on the present. Being with Alina, and get a have children with the person she loves.

"Just a little bit of pressure right here," Alina pressed a bit too hard, and it really turned out to look like a bowl.

"Did I do something wrong?" Alina asked Iman.

"Just added a bit to much pressure on it, but we can fix it unless you want it this way," Iman told her. Still sitting behind her with her own hands-on Alina's helping her.

Alina decided to keep it the way it is. Throughout an hour they made at least 3 different things. They are both having fun with this, and overall it stayed relaxing as ever.

-

11:45 P.M.

Iman Martial POV

"I see why you love art," Alina said.

I smiled at her and placed the pottery pieces on a rack. "I'll get these heat-treated tomorrow unless you want to put some color on it. But we will just do that tomorrow."

Alina is cleaning her hands with the bucket of water I had placed down. I don't want to clog up the pipes with clay.

After I cleaned up the place a bit, locked everything up, we left the place. Walking towards the car, Alina laid her head on my arm.

"Do you think we might have twins?" She asked me.

I thought about it and I wouldn't mind twins, "Maybe. Hopefully, if you are having twin, a girl and a boy would be nice. Truly that is something we both can't control, but it would be nice."

"What if we do, and our daughter came out like you?" she replied.

"Well, I don't know actually. I would probably keep her in unisex clothing or you could dress her girly. Then as she gets older, I'll teach her about who she is, and if she wants to get it removed than that's her decision. The reason I still have mine is that my grandparents told mine to let me decide. Even though how my parents treated me, I wouldn't treat my daughter that way if she did turn out with my condition. I would never end up like my parents, that's one thing I would not let happen."