Chapter 36

Iman Martial POV

"So you are the famous Iman Martial that has Alina practically head over heels for." The guy with a nice beard said. He is obviously gay just by well a lot of things.

All I did is nodded and just kept looking at Karla. "Excuse us for one second." I pulled Dinah away from them.

"Dinah what the hell. I know Karla but did you have to bring her friends over. What if Alina comes over." I said.

"Yes, you two need to be together okay. She has been working nonstop since you left. I know you want to live life and everything, but that woman loves you." Dinah said. She loves me?

"Yes, she loves you, dummy. I know you were questioning it."

"I don't know, Dinah." I do feel something for Alina. Something about her just makes me want to be around her, and protect her, and love her.

"You thinking about it because you do. Iman is in love, awww."

"Shut up. This here will not be spoken of."

"Bitch everybody knows its so obvious. Honestly, we all waiting for you two to admit it. But I'll keep it hush-hush lil baby." she walked away. How is she related to me?

I went over to Pops and Pawpaw to ask them a question.

"Did you guys like drop Dinah or something?" they both just looked at me and laughed. "I'm so serious."

"No baby girl we didn't, that there is all-natural. Linda was like that when she was Dinah's age. Trust me, she got that from her momma. It's just everything changed when she met Nathan." Pawpaw (Daniel) said.

"Don't tell Viv but at first I didn't believe he was my son at first. I love him unconditionally as a parent should but that boy is a different breed. I'm too black for him to be my son, but I never questioned it." Pops (Quentin) shrugged his shoulders.

"I bet you don't." Pawpaw handed me a beer and gave me a pat on my back.

"Don't worry they won't be here today. It is just going to be us, this barbeque, a lot of alcohol and weed. "

"We gone getchu fucked up kid. Just like old times." Pops put his arm over me.

"Oh no. Nope, don't wanna. The last time I got fucked up with you guys, I ended up on the roof with a broken arm." I said.

"Well, this time we will make sure you don't get on the roof." Pawpaw laughed. I bet they have a damn video over it.

Alina Rivers POV

"Grandma you don't have to come. None of you all have to" I said. They came over as soon as I was getting dressed.

"Yes, I do. I gonna see my grandbaby in law," she said grabbing her purse.

"We are not married nor together," I whined

"Yet!" I heard my dad yell. Why do they have to be like this? "Besides, Iman is like family already."

"You guys met her on Christmas, spent some time on New Years, and a few other times," I explained.

"Hush ya mouth baby lets go. You look good though, Iman will love it." My mom said.

Iman's Grandparents House

"Alina, sweetie how are you." I heard a deep voice say. I saw Quentin come over to me and gave me a hug.

"Busy, but I have been good. This is my mother Athena, my dad Keith, and my grandmother Hazel." I introduced my parents.

"Well good to meet you all I'm Quentin, Iman's grandfather. Her other grandpa and grandmas are out in the back. Follow me." Quentin leads us to the backyard as I see Iman talking to Dinah.

"Biiiiitttchhh." Dinah yelled.

"Shut yo ass up Dinah damn." Iman said, then she saw me. Her eyes widen, and smiled. Damn she does look good.

Iman came over to me with this stride that is smooth as hell while she has a beer bottle by the top. Soon as she stood in front of me I could smell her cologne coming off of her.

"Hello Ms. Rivers," she said looking at me. The sun really complimented her skins so well and her eyes shined.

"Girl if you don't speak." My grandma said.

Iman smiled showing her white teeth and laughed. "Oh Ms. Hazel how are you." she hugged her. "If you will excuse us for a while." Iman grabbed my hand, and lead me back in the house.

"Use the room downstairs please and use protection or not." Daniel said.

Still holding onto my hand, we went downstairs and to a bedroom down there. Once we were in there she closed the door and locked it. She put the bottle down and came over to me wrapping her arms around my waist.

"I missed you." I wrapped my arms around her neck pulling her down for a kiss.

"I missed you too. It's kind of lonely in the house by myself." I said.

"Same here. I bought dogs to keep me company, but there was always something missing when I came home." Iman said leaned down then started kissing on my neck.

"And what's that," I said as I felt her teeth gently graze my skin.

"You."