Chapter 33

Alright I think I am over my writers block, but it is still there for certain books. My creativity is coming back slowly but surly.  I still think I'm broken,but aren't we all....ANYWAY at the end of this chapter I do need y'alls help on something. It will be mentioned at the end of the chapter, and it is for this book only also... Have fun reading --AJ

August 30
Duncan Glover's Art Show
2 P.M

Iman Martial POV

I looked around, and seen a lot of art work that is amazing. Some of them didn't tell me a story or to grab anything out of it. Most of them to me look empty as if there is no meaning behind it. I mean somethings doesn't have to have meaning, but I cant get anything out of them. Duncan introduced a few artist he hand here with him. They all sounded stuck up to me because of how they think. They all tried to make their art seem more than what it really looks like.

"I think these people are trying to hard to be honest." I whispered to Justus.

"I agree. I can tell they are trying to make themselves seem better than what they can do. Using expensive materials doesn't make you better. You could possible use cheap art supplies, and have better results because of your skill." Justus said. I agreed with him. Back then Alina did buy me some mid-grade and high grade supplies. Everything still turned out great, then I looked back at my old artworks I did with cheaper stuff and they were great too.

We listen to at least 6 people try to make themselves better than what their art work show. The level of their egos was impressive. I never seen people so engulfed in themselves instead of really being appreciative of their talent or lack of.

"My next artist, is amazing. The level of her work is astonishing." Duncan said. I walked up on stage with a smile on my face.

The other artist looked at me in some type of envy because Duncan didn't say anything in a praising way to them. As I kept talking about my artwork that Duncan bought, a woman in all white kept looking at me. It is not in a bad way, but she kept catching my attention. I continued to give my interpretations on my artwork, and the guests all loved them. Once I finished they applaud, and the other artist just lightly clapped and rolled their eyes. I walked off the stage as Duncan came back on letting everybody know they could do what ever now.

"Man these people are jealous as hell about you." Justus laughed.

"I could tell, but they don't really concern me though. We all are in a business that could end at any given moment. This is a broke man dream for artist. One minute we are the best, then next nobody would care." I said. Everyone has heard of the term starving artist. No matter how good you are, everything could go away fast. Beside creativity could be gone too.

The woman that was catching my attention came over to me. Justus looked at me, then at her and walked away.

"Good luck." He said before walking away.

"I really love your work. I've seen some of your older work too." She said.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it Ms...""Georgia. Georgia Gibson."

I stuck my hand out for a handshake

I stuck my hand out for a handshake. "Nice to meet you Miss Gibson."

"You two Iman." I gave her an actual smile because she doesn't seem like everyone else here.

Justus came over to me with a glass of champagne and brought Miss Gibson on too.

"So what made you, you know do art." She asked me as we walked away from majority of the people here.

"Well it has been my escape from reality. Sometimes I get lost in my work that I do. Hours sometimes days of concentrating on one thing makes me forget all my troubles. Also a great stress reliever for me. Plus, if you really look at the work, you could see a story through it. Depending on the artist you could see the soul in their work if you pay attention." I said as we made it to a little sitting area.

"Oh really."

"Yes, Miss Gibson. These artist here only want money or fame. Their artwork didn't scream emotion or some type of feeling. The artwork was and is dead to me. They have no meaning, no emotion. Just nothing. To them its all about who recognize them, and how big the person name is. They were easy to read."

"So you like mystery or just to find what they are about in their art."

"Of course Miss Gibson. You can tell a lot about a person through anything. For instance, I can tell you like to travel, you care about your health, and you are really just enjoying life. You don't seem stressed at all, entirely carefree." She smiled, then took a sip of her champagne. "Also by your handshake, you do mean business when it comes down to that. Confident, and you're interested in what I do."

"All that from a handshake, and a few words." She gave a little laugh.

"It's all in the details. How you dress, how you look in general, facial expressions, little side eyes, and all Miss Gibson." I said to her.

Georgia bit her bottom lip, and smiled at me. To me she is enjoying my company, and genuinely interested in what I have to say. She told me about her business in skin care, and fashion. Plus, I hit the nail right on the head when I did say she likes to travel. The conversation we are having is more of a carefree one.

"How long are you staying in New York?" She asked me.

"Maybe two more days or so. This is my first time being outside of the state where I live in a long time. Well I don't know if I have been out of the state, but this is definitely my first time being in New York."

"Why is that?" she asked me.

"Why is what?" I answered her question with a question.

"That you don't know if you have been out of your state."

"Reasons that..." I paused. "Will take too long for me to explain. Besides we just met too so I don't really want to give you my life story. Just know Miss Gibson, somethings are meant to be mysteries and or just left untold, but those same mysteries keeps things interesting." There is a little napkin on the table that we are sitting at. I pulled a pin out of my jacket pocket, then wrote my number down. "Think of it has a cliffhanger, its meant to build up suspense. Makes the person want to know more, to see more. Do you think that is beautiful?"

With that I walked away to find Justus. I might have to meet more people or get invited to more things. But me personally, I don't want to be in the spotlight so soon, so quickly.

Like I said at the beginning I need some help.

What state or city whatever should this book be based in?
I was thinking Boston, or in Colorado. I don't know where.  So really at this point whatever city or state has the most comments I will use.