Chapter 48

November 11
10:30 A.M
OTW to Doctor's Office

Alina Rivers POV

Right now, we are going to the doctor's office to get an ultrasound of our bundle of joy. I can't wait to see what we created.

"So baby, what are some names we should name our baby or babies?" I asked her as we are in the car.

"I always like the name Sayir. I say, if we have a girl I would name .her Sayir Nova. I have at least two different ways of spelling Sayir. If we had a boy, I would name him Jaylen, but I have thought of Samir too, but I also like Ivan too." I liked all the names she has said so far.

"Okay so Sayir Nova for a girl, and how about Samir Ivan. I would most likely give them your last name." I told her.

I looked at her, and Iman looked like she was really thinking about it. "Sayir Nova Martial, and Samir Ivan Martial. I love it. Any names you thought of?" she asked me.

A/N... What y'all think about those names?

"No not really, but I love the names you have. They are really different and unique, to be honest. I love them, baby." I said.

Iman parked the car in a parking spot and got out of the car. I watched Iman jog over to my side and opened the door for me. This is something that she has always done for me.

"You look beautiful in that sweatshirt." she smiled at me. I have on her old burgundy Nike sweatshirt. I've made my home in all her old sweatshirts. They smell like her, her cologne that she wears now, and weed. The cologne she wears has an old man scent, but it's not extremely masculine. Iman says the cologne she wears is really old, and they don't make a lot of bottles of it anymore. Honestly, her scent mixed with the cologne is marvelous.

Once we were inside the building, I signed in and waited for Dr. Sims to call on us. A few minutes later, Dr. Sims came out.

"How are you, Alina? Nice to see you again Iman." She said to us.

"I'm doing fine, just waiting to see what we are having. " I said.

Dr. Sims lead us to the back, and into a room. I held Iman's hand feeling nervous. What if we do have twins? I felt Iman rubbing her thumb against my hand. I sat down in the chair that is meant for patients, and the nerves intensified.

"Relax Alina. I know it is very nerve-wracking, but just relax." Dr. Sims said. It somewhat calmed my nerves, but not all the way. I looked over at Iman, and she gave me a smile. After the necessary procedures Dr. Sims went through, we finally made it to the point where we could see what's inside.

"Alright Alina, just lift your shirt up for me. This is and will be cold." Dr. Sims said as she placed the gel on my stomach. "You ready?" I nodded my head as she placed the transducer on my stomach. We watched the monitor and then saw to masses.

"And those two there are your twins." I saw them and just overwhelmed with joy.

"Holy shit." I heard Iman mumble. I looked up at her seeing her eyes starting to water up. I could tell she is holding back her tears. "We are really going to have children huh?"

"Yes, we are," I told her. She held my hand tight as we kissed.

A little while longer, Dr. Sims handed us some ultrasound pictures.

"You are a little bit over two months pregnant. You are expected to have the twins on May 12." Dr. Sims said.

Iman Martial POV

I never would have thought I would have children. Let alone be in love with someone to have children with. I'm nervous about having them. I feel as if one would have been good enough because we can both learn how to take care of a child. I know how to do a lot of things because I had to do then for Dinah, but having my own is different. But, having twins will be a job on its own.

Alina is going to be huge when they really start to grow. She isn't big now, but she will be.

"I am speechless baby," I said as we walked out of the building. "Twins. I just..."

"I know baby. I love it. Our children." Alina said. Our children. I better get some good sleep while I can now.

November 15
10:15 A.M.
Justus Art Studio

Iman Martial POV

Justus has already handed me the professionally developed pictures that I needed. The canvas came, and now I can work on this painting. Alina came with me and basically sat down watching me paint. I have some music playing in the background as I worked on the painting. I am glad Alina does take an interest in art. One of our clay bowls is now turned into an ashtray for some odd reason. Ever since I let her glaze it, and then I reheated it so the color would stay, it just became an ashtray. Now it is up in our bedroom, well her bedroom in her house.

I think I might give my apartment to Dinah. The one she has is super small, ad she really likes the one I have. With Alina having our twins, I may have to move in with her. I know she wants me to and is probably waiting for me to say something about it.

"The fact she makes millions off of this." I heard John say.

"Yes I do, and it can be frustrating at times too," I said loudly. I looked back seeing Alina shaking her head.

"So Iman any brothers or sisters?" he asked me. Both Alina and Karla laughed.

"I have two older one who is stuck up. You already know Dinah, and Karla might fight you for it." I said still painting.

I have actually been painting for an hour since they were here. Alina thought it would be a good idea to have them here for a creative spike, or something in that matter. They haven't 'created' anything since they have been here. All they did was gossip about the other employees.

"They that bad?" John said.

"Yep," I said popping the p.

I started to tune them out so I can focus. Alina most likely would tell them that I zoned out if they ask me any questions. A few things ran through my mind as I focused on this painting. One, my children. My own family that I would never treat the same way my parents did me. Two, this painting in general. The what if's from it has so many different possibilities. If anything happens to me, I would have to fight for my life, and for my family.

A/N... I know it has been a minute since I last updated, but I'm back. BUT what sucks is that my classes are starting back up. So updates may not be often, maybe I can get some good ideas then. I don't know. Would y'all be mad if I said this book is coming to an end in maybe 10 to 15 more chapters.