Chapter 17

I woke up at 8 I groaned and rolled over grabbing my phone off the table beside my bed. I had texts from all the boys saying how sorry they were and how much thy loved me; I also had a text from a number that I didn’t know.

Hey Hailey, its Harry, I got your number off of Niall, hope that’s ok. I heard about your cousin. I’m so sorry, sending my love your way. Xx

I smiled at the text and decided to text him back.

Of course that’s ok! Thank you so much Harry, I’m feeling like complete shit today but that’s to be expected… right? Thank you again you’re an awesome guy. J

I got up from my bed and went downstairs; my mom was standing in the kitchen looking out the window.

“Good morning.” My voice was groggy; I poured myself some coffee and sat down on the bar chair.

“How are you?” She asked.

“I think I’m ok.”

“You slept for a long time. I came home at 8 and tried to wake you up but you wake up.”

“Ya, I needed it, I barely slept at the hospital.” It was quiet for a couple minutes. “I’m dating Luke.” I said. I looked up at her and she was looking back at me with sad eyes.

“You guys are good for each other.” Her lips curled up a little.

“Ya… we are.” I smiled and took another sip of my coffee. “Listen, I’m sorry for everything mum. I didn’t mean any of what I said.”

“I know. I’m not mad at you.”

“Good because I don’t think I could handle you being mad at me when I’m half way across the world. How’s Mark?” Saying his name didn’t feel right: it was like his name was something sour.

“He’s good.” Now she had a smile on his face. “He is coming over for dinner tonight.”

“Great.” I said under my breath. I finished my coffee and then stood up. “I’m going to go for a drive.”

__________________________________

“Hailey!” Karen; Michaels mum said. “Michael told me you were home for a while, I’m sorry its under these circumstances. How is Kylie doing?”

“She actually passed away yesterday.” I said.

“Oh sweetie I’m so sorry. Come in, come in.” She took my forearm and pulled me into the house. “Sit down, do you want anything?” I shook my head no. “Not to be rude sweetie but, why are you here?” I laughed.

“I don’t really know. I was just driving and I found myself in front of your house. I guess out of habit. Mums boyfriend is coming over for dinner and I don’t know if I’m ready to meet him yet.” She nodded her head.