Chapter 19

It was April 6, 1 week since the funeral. I was till at home and still feeling shitty. I hadn’t talked to Luke in 4 days because he was so busy. I was planning on going back to work on the 8th so I could meet up with them in Newcastle. I was going to surprise Luke but I wanted the other boys to know I was coming. It was 6pm here so I was 9am in London. I took out my phone and checked Instagram… mostly just girls half dressed and drunk; I got t a picture that Ash put up of Luke on top of Michael. I laughed when I read the caption. ‘Luke’s substitute cuddle buddy.’ I smiled and decided to call Ash; he picked up on the second ring.

“Hello?” I smiled hearing his voice.

“Hey Ash it’s me but don’t tell Luke.”

“HAILEY!” I laughed.

“Hi.”

“How are you? Luke said you weren’t doing to good.”

“I’m better now, a lot better then last week.”

“That’s good to hear. We haven’t heard from you in a while.” I felt bad for not texting Ash Michael or Calum but I was to depressed to talk to anyone for the past few days. “We were getting worried.”

“I’m sorry, I’ve been emotionally drained and not in the mood to talk. I miss you guys though, which brings me to why I’m calling you. I’m coming back to meet you guys Newcastle on the 10TH. It’s a surprise so don’t tell Luke.”

“He’s gonna shit a brick when he sees you Hailey.”

“Hailey?” I heard Mikey say in the background.

“Ya, she’s coming on the 10th.”

“No shit! Give me that!” I heard rustling and swearing coming from Ashton. “Hailey?”

“Hi Mikey.” I said.

“OH MY GOD IT’S ACTUALLY YOU! I almost forgot what your voice sounded like.”

“I missed you too Mikey.”

“How’s my best friend doing?” I heard Ashton say something in the background about how he felt betrayed.

“I’m good, but listen… don’t tell Luke that I’m coming ok?”

“Can I tell Cal?”

“Ya…?”

“Hailey is coming on the 10th!” it was silent, not to toot my own horn but I thought I was going to get a chorus of screams.

“What’s happening?” I asked.

“Calum is on the floor smiling.” I laughed.