Chapter Two: Ophelia

Tuesday, September 3rd, 7:25am

I walk down the spiral staircase in my house. I round the corner and walk into the kitchen.

"Eggs and Bacon to keep the brain charged for the first day back at School." My Mom smiles as she places the food onto the plate.

"Thanks Mom." I smile as I sit down at the island in my kitchen.

"Are you giving Oscar a ride to School?" My Dad asks as he walks into the kitchen holding the Newspaper.

"Yeah I always do, we haven't seen each other for a week so I need to prepare myself for him to talk my ear off." I smile.

I grabbed a piece of bacon and took a bite of it.

"That boy does love to talk doesn't he?" My Mom smiles.

"Yeah."

I can never tell if my parents like Oscar or not, he's my bestfriend and has been over to my house many of times. They seem to like him when he's around, but when he's not around and I talk about him they give off this vibe that they don't like him as much as they say they do.

"But you'll remember to keep your straight A's, be on the basketball team again and work on the School Newspaper, right?" My Dad asks.

"Yes, always." I smile.

I look down at the time on my phone, "Uh... I should probably go pick up Oscar."

"But you hardly ate any food." My Mom says.

"Oh yeah I wasn't that hungry, but it was good."

I run out of the kitchen and to the front door, I pull on my shoes as quickly as possible and pick up my bag.

"See you after school!" I shout.

"Have a good-"

My Mom gets cut off by me slamming the door behind me. I run down to the end of my driveway and open the door to my white convertible and slide into the seat.

I put the keys into the slot, check the mirrors then put my foot on the gas, back out from the driveway and away from my house.

I drive to Oscars one story house that was much closer to the school than mine.

I pull in front of his house and honk the car horn. Oscar comes running out of his house with his curly brown hair bounding everywhere. Oscar is wearing his normal outfit, a dark blue hoodie with navy blue jeans and running shoes.

He opens the car door and sits down, "Morning Bud." I smile.

"No morning bud I asked you to stop the car honking, My Mom jumped from her seat. You're going to give her a heart attack one of these days. "

"But it's fun." I say as I drive away from his house.

"Anyway are you ready for our first last day of high school, ever?" Oscar asks.