Chapter Forty-Nine: Free

Tuesday, November 5th, 8:30am

I sit across from Jade and Ace in the Hospital cafeteria.

"How are you feeling?" Jade asks.

"Tired, Hospital chairs aren't the most comfortable things in the world." I sigh.

"I bet Maggie would have been fine alone for the night." Ace smiles.

I shrug. I couldn't leave Maggie in a Hospital all alone for the night, I could tell that she visibly was shaken up even if she didn't want to talk about it.

"What even happened again?" Jade asks.

"Well Oscar pushed me off the bridge, which I grabbed the ledge before I could fall. Then once Maggie helped me up she went off running after him. I was still confused that I was just pushed off a bridge that I couldn't get over to her in time to help." I look down at the table.

"None of this is your fault, you didn't know what was happening. You couldn't have done anything to change that." Jade explains.

"I still feel bad." I say.

"That makes sense, but just know it's not your fault. No one knew that Oscar was... crazy." Ace shrugs.

I nod, "I should get back up to the room to check on her, see if she's awake yet."

"Okay, we'll be up there soon." Jade says.

"Should we bring up tea for her?" Ace asks as I stand up from the chair.

I nod, "Yeah, she might like that."

"Do you want one too?" She asks.

"Sure."

I walk away from the table and down the hall to the elevators. I get into the elevator that is covered in mirrors.

I get into the hallway on the third floor and make my way down to Maggie's room. I always find Hospitals creepy with how quiet they are. It seems like no one is ever talking.

I open the door to Maggie's room.

"Where's Oscar."

I close the door behind me and make my way over to the chair right beside the bed.

It scares me how sick Maggie looks, she isn't even sick she's just really pale. Probably because she didn't eat any of the Hospital food and hasn't had anything to drink yet.

"Being held at the Police Station, they haven't gotten him to talk yet. He says he won't until he sees if you're okay." Even with me saying that out loud it gives me chills.

"It like he was blinded by rage." Maggie says, taking a deep breath.

"Probably."

"I don't get why we had to come to the Hospital. The only one near Misthill is 2 hours out of town. They should seriously have a closer one." Maggie sighs.