Chapter Thirty-Eight: Weak

Thursday, October 24th, 7:00am

It's been a week since Conner's arrest and Adrian and I are the only people who know it wasn't really him. Adams knows somewhat of what we know, but he isn't really helping us out as much anymore.

Now when I ride down the streets there isn't this eerie feeling shivering down the back of my neck. The town actually feels like it did when I was young. Happy, peaceful and quiet, everything that it will be even more once the real killer is found.

I walk out of my room getting hit in the face with the strong smell of bacon.

I make my way to the Kitchen to see my Dad cooking.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Oh," He turns to look at me, "I thought I would make breakfast today, I've noticed that you just run out of the house most days without eating and that isn't the healthiest, so sit down breakfast is almost ready."

I slowly pull out the chair from the table and sit down as my Dad places a tea in front of me, "Thanks." I smile.

I look around, "Did you clean the house more?"

"Yeah I did a bit more cleaning last night, I was also thinking that we could look online for a bed frame, or you can just steal the one from Caleb's old room."

I blink rapidly when I hear him say Caleb's name, "Um.. I'd rather a new one, if that's okay..."

"Yeah of course."

My Dad places a plate of food in front of me, soon after he sits down at the table with a plate of food.

"So what are your plans for today?" He asks as he shoves some egg into his mouth.

"Um... the usual working on the paper at School, um... hanging out with Adrian."

"Adrian? A boy?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"Do you like him."

I shrug and take a bite of bacon, "I don't know."  

"What are you doing today?" I ask changing the subject.

"Well I think I'm gonna clean a bit more then go work a shift at Mystic Glass, I think I'm gonna apply for another job to get more money for the house, you should get a job too."

"Uh, yeah," I nod, "I'll look into it."

"Good, now eat up you don't want to be late and you need a full stomach." My Dad smiles as he takes a sip of orange juice.

I didn't even know we had orange juice in the house... did he go grocery shopping?

......

I pull into a parking spot at School, the air is much cooler now. My Dad made me wear a jacket today, since I didn't have one he forced me to wear one of his. It's surprisingly warm other than the one hole that's right by the back of my neck.