Chapter Thirty-Two: Euphoria

Saturday, October 12th, 8:50pm

Detective Lana comes into the room and sit's down across from us.

"I'm just doing some follow up questions," She looks over to Maggie, "Some of the questions will be the same to the ones you were asked when you found Kian."

Maggie and I both nod, "What was your relation to Kian?"

"I was on the basketball team with him." I answer.

"Friends with his sister."

She nods and jots some words down onto the piece of paper in front of her.

"Any romantic encounters with Kian?"

"No." Maggie and I both answer.

I am going to assume that Maggie answered no when she was first asked and that's why she's answering the same again.

"Was Kian ever a violent person to you or anyone you know."

"No." We both answer again.

"Was he acting weird before he disappeared?"

"I didn't see him over summer." I say.

"I wasn't in town." Maggie says.

"And where were you then?" Detective Lana looks over to Maggie and asks.

"I was in British Columbia with my Mom, I can give you her number if you need to call her." Maggie smiles.

Honestly I have no idea how Maggie has stage fright, but doesn't crack under this kind of pressure.

"Now Maggie when you found Kian's body what led you down to that area of the forest when the party wasn't happening anywhere near there?"

"I just broke up a fight and I needed some fresh air, I don't do good in crowds and when I was walking back I tripped over his body." Maggie explains.

I glance down at my legs, I didn't know that's how it happened. That must have been hard to see.

"Adrian were you at the party too?"

I look back up, "Um yeah, but I just stayed in one spot the whole time till cops showed up and then I followed everyone to go see what they were looking at." I explain.

Detective Lana nods and jots down some more notes onto a piece of paper which only makes me more nervous.

"Maggie who was the fight with? The one that you broke up?"

"Um, Conner Martin and I maybe Jacob Ross, I didn't really see."

"Is Conner known as a violent person?"

"No, he wouldn't hurt a fly. He was just drunk."

"Does he drink a lot?"

"I don't know, I was gone for two years," Maggie leans forwards onto the table, "Why are you asking so much about Conner anyway?"